Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to soul trap summoned creatures in oblivion

Options
  • 10-04-2006 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Is it possible to soul trap summoned creatures in oblivion. I have tried summon a zombie, skelton ,ghost ,scamp, I cast soul trap for 30 seconds on them and then killed them in a few hits of a sword. nothing happens. my soul gems remain empty. I robbed these should gems from various mages guilds I think I have one of each kind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

popey21 wrote:
    Is it possible to soul trap summoned creatures in oblivion. I have tried summon a zombie, skelton ,ghost ,scamp, I cast soul trap for 30 seconds on them and then killed them in a few hits of a sword. nothing happens. my soul gems remain empty. I robbed these should gems from various mages guilds I think I have one of each kind.

It definitely is possible to capture them. Either your 30 secs is running out, the sole gems aint big enough or you are doing something else wrong.

It defo works so keep trying it, what soul gems do you have in your inventory exactly. If they are petty I am not sure will any of the above fit in.

Also usually a message appears in the top left of the screen hinting at the problem, no sole gems, not big enough etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

I have read up on this from here im doing everthing right

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Enchanting

i have 14 Petty , 2 Lesser ,1 Greater ,2 Common

all empty

im killing the monsters in less tan 4 seconds there flashing a pruple colour to show the soul trap spell effect,but no joy

popey21 wrote:
    I have read up on this from here im doing everthing right

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Enchanting

i have 14 Petty , 2 Lesser ,1 Greater ,2 Common

all empty

im killing the monsters in less tan 4 seconds there flashing a pruple colour to show the soul trap spell effect,but no joy

PC or 360 and if PC have you installed any mods to it.

Ok let me think for a second here, stupid question but you have checked that all the gems are empty.

Try capping another soul and see if there is a message in the upper left of the screen.

Im playing on the pc. have made sure there empty. could you tell me which creature you summoned and successfully soul trapped.

a scamp, theres even a hint on the loading screens about being able to soul trap summoned creatures, well not a hint but it states that summoned creatures can be soul trapped

• Advertisement

ok Thanks for the advice, I will have a play around with tonight , i must of done something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That is very odd. Go to a river and try a mud crab or something. If that doesn't work then your game is broken.

any luck with the soul trapping?????

Yea thanks allot for the help. Turns out the creature was Disappearing before I killed it. I choose my mage staff with the soul trap effect and then back stabbed the scamp with x6 damage killing it in one trust. works a charm

popey21 wrote:
    Yea thanks allot for the help. Turns out the creature was Disappearing before I killed it. I choose my mage staff with the soul trap effect and then back stabbed the scamp with x6 damage killing it in one trust. works a charm

Nice :D have you heard of azuras star? I will say no more in fear of spoilers but if you like soul trapping its your best friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Zillah wrote:
    That is very odd. Go to a river and try a mud crab or something. If that doesn't work then your game is broken.

Yep my game was broken, too. I couldnt figure out what was wrong

Yea I remember it from morrowind. But I don't want any spoilers I want the game to last , specially after waiting years for it to come out. A few NPCs have put daedra shrines on by map so I will probably stumble on it eventually. Just wanted to get some enchated weapons before i go explore shrines

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I have Azura's star
    and yet still when I kill a human character it still says you don't have any soul gems large enough. I thought Azura's star was the be all and end all of soul gems..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I have Azura's star spoiler:

Azura Star is a
    reusable but otherwise normal soul gem. To trap human souls you need a Black Soul Gem - place an empty Greater Soul Gem in a Necromantic Altar, wait until a midnight hits where a pillar of light hits the altar, cast Soul Trap and you have a Black Soul Gem that can hold human souls. Havent done it myself mind, but thats the gist of it afaik

class!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

My god they really put some thought into these things didn't they. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

Damn thats cool, I need one of those for a quest and all, this is going to make it so much easier. Must... fight urge... to leave essay writing... in order to be more... powerful *mental strain*, Ah who am I kidding. I'm outa here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yeah, well if any of you find an altar feel free to let me know. Ive rampaged across most of Tamriel (gotta earn those athletics/acrobatics points somehow) and not found a single one yet :(

EDIT: NM, found one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sand wrote:
    Azura Star is a
    reusable but otherwise normal soul gem. To trap human souls you need a Black Soul Gem - place an empty Greater Soul Gem in a Necromantic Altar, wait until a midnight hits where a pillar of light hits the altar, cast Soul Trap and you have a Black Soul Gem that can hold human souls. Havent done it myself mind, but thats the gist of it afaik

Minor nitpick
    It has to be an empty grand soul gem.

Advertisement