Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Bluetooth Headsets for Skype

Options
  • 09-04-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

Ok does anyone know is there any Nokia Bluetooth headsets SKYPe certified ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭tech

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why skype certified - you can just use a bluetooth headset as the audio gateway on yourPc- I've done it with skype - cooking and conversing at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭WILKEL

Why skype certified - you can just use a bluetooth headset as the audio gateway on yourPc- I've done it with skype - cooking and conversing at the same time.

Jimmy - how do you do this - does your pc have to have bluetooth built in ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I don't know of any - I'd doubt that Nokia would commit themselves to supporting 3rd party software like that. *shrug*

What operating system are you using?
    I tried before with very limited success. I used the Widcomm bluetooth stack (Software that came with the bluetooth adaptor) as opposed to Windows XP SP2's Bluetooth support. The Headset profile did the trick.
    There is additional software for Skype (costs about €20 IIRC) to get the headset working with Skype - did the trick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Any Bluetooth headset should work. You need a Bluetooth USB key too, when you install it you have to use the drivers supplied with it because the XP Bluetooth stack does not support the headset profile. When you pair your headset with the PC the audio options for windows will pop up because it will be appearing as a new sound card. You can ignore them and go into skype. Somewhere in the options there will be a choice of what soundcard to use. ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭tech

yes I have a dell D610 with built in Bluetooth :)

Ive ordered a Nokia Head set and will just see what happens when I get it

Advertisement