Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Families ,are they a race of their own?

Options
  • 07-04-2006 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does everyone's families give out about each other ?

Example being a mother giving out about a mother in law, a sister in law and the bad habits of the better half.

I'm not confused about it ,just wondering what the general feeling is out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What has race got to do with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Everybody's family is different and it seems unusual to go into a mates household sometimes.
    About races, what's that got to do with it? I guess every county in Ireland has people who look slightly different so I guess familys are going to be the same :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

a race i thought generally meant a group of people.

I thought maybe everyone was in the same boat by starting with the heading ,maybe i should have waited for the next boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK. The IQ of this thread needs to go into positive figures or its being binned.

Victor ,I get the distinct impression you don't like me
    If a thread i started needs to be moved because i have misjudged it's heading then I hold my hands up.
    But you have came behind me on a couple of threads already.

Just PM me and I'll do my best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I don't see anything lacking in the IQ of the thread.

OP: it's common as far as I can see. If it's causing you hassle or making you uncomfortable then next time someone is complaining about an in-law (I'm guessing that's what's going on) tell them that it causes you hassle and you'd prefer if they didn't. You're neither agreeing or disagreeing with them: just point out that you're stuck in the middle and it would make it easier for you if they laid off.

Try this Families and How to Survive Them

Thanks shabby ,I get a little sentimental when i've had a few.

I just wondered if it's in built in families to talk about other members or was it just certain people who do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

families they wreck your brain and yes can seem like their own indigeous species at times but sure they are the one certainty in life that they will always be there for you etc!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

In your op you mention all women, and yes, Ill admit it can be a female tendency to b!tch. It doesnt happen in all families, tho, but I suppose it gets to be acceptable in some. If you dont like it, instead of being complicit, next time, call them for it and say its not on.

KatieK ,I have sisters and a mother and then theres my dad ,so thats probably why i said it towards women.

Some blokes i know b**ch more than any other people i've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Victor ,I get the distinct impression you don't like me

I get the distinct impression I don't like you either.

However on-topic it just gets back to the old adage that "you can choose your enemies but not your family."

sorry if i've been upsetting folk.

I don't do it intentionally ,I promise not to sound condescending anymore if thats the way i am coming accross.

I don't really drink anymore ,but last night i had a few ,so i apologize.

The hand is out :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ha, I wasnt getting all feminist on you. You certainly didnt offend. Yes, men can be just as bitchy, I think a group of people can drift into that kind of thing and it gets acceptable.

Advertisement