Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My L.C project

Options
  • 07-04-2006 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

jpg chair.JPG

Not too good with links so this may not work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Very nice O-Ninio! Has a touch of the 'modern movement' about it. What type of timber is she made of?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Very plush and excellent LC submission. Hope you have the project porfolio to match, it'd be a shame to lose points on that as you're just bound to do well with that chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭O-Ninio

chairback.JPG

Here is a pic of the back

It is made of Cherry, lovely timber to work with.

This was actually submitted in 2002 just thought I' d pop up a pic. I did have the portfolio to go with it which is very important for anyone doing theirs now.

It's a great piece. Did you continue with the woodworking at all?

I submitted mine 2003 (electric guitar) but never really continued with it. I rather regret it as I was fairly alright and really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of taking up turning.

@ legologic, didn't really continue with the furniture side of things, Ended up getting a job with a general builder who is a chippie by trade so worked with him about 2 - 3 days a week while in college doing Quantity surveying finished now though, and hes been pretty generous with his knowledge and because its only a small company I get to do pretty much everything an not just the gofer stuff.
    Parents pretty much let me do whatever to the house bar anything majorly structural, there sound about it although if I wear my workboots in the house the mother goes mad she doesn't actually realise they've got soft soles she never gives out about the tools I have stored in my room which currently looks like a builders yard can't understand her philosophy?
    I would defo recommend getting back into it though if you can I know Bolton St DIT have a turning course on Mon nights and there are various other evening classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

WAIT WAIT WAIT, You can DO a wood project for your leaving cert? Wait as in you can do wood and not construction for the lc? or can u just do that project instead of the gay model that i was forced to do in my old school?

You can build what you like for the construction studies LC project. My cousin was also made build a scale model for his. I'd imagine it's the whim of the teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

BASTARD!! i wanna take up construction again really bad now, JESUS i cant though i changed schools to one where i cant do my best subject. not a smart choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Very nice. Original touch impaling a small black hamster on the top like that.

Very nice. Original touch impaling a small black hamster on the top like that.

thats actually the dog sitting on the grass behind, it is very much alive and unattached to the chair

• Advertisement
Advertisement