Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help with bachelor thesis - wanna fill out survey?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey Lads!

Sorry for posting in such a selfish way. I'm currently putting together my bachelor thesis in european business here at DCU. I'm writing about the service of low-fare airlines and wanna find out on which the customer focusses.

The customer in this case means all of use, who ever used such an airline like Ryanair before.

So I would really appreciate if you could take 5 min of your time to fill out the survey at http://airline-survey.notlong.com

Many thanks!
    Augi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Pfungstadter

Just a note

Aer Lingus is great for check in at the airport, go to a machine stick in your passport and out pops your ticket, takes two seconds, no queues and straight to the gate. Brill use them all the time

Also they have nicer seats with flaps to support your head when you sleep, important for journies around 2 hours or more. And fly to the main Airports not 7000km away.

Decent price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nice survey - not too time consuming. FYI I would prefer to pay a few (not a lot) euros more and deal with an airline that is somewhat approachable - I'll mention no names......................

As Pfungstadter mentioned I'd also prefer to fly to the city I want to go to rather that have to endure a bus journey that takes more time to complete than the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Good survey.

However to me, just as important as the fare (and far more important than change fees, overweight luggage fees etc) is that the airline flies the route I want at reasonably convenient times.

There are a few decent aviation forums out there such as flyertalk.com and airliners.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

important to me is that the airline isn't a cowboy operation run by a man with a massive ego, with sack-fearing slaves manning the aircraft aisles (i'll mention no names either)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭craigybagel

On all the low fare flights ive been on (admittedly all Ireland-Britain/Domestic) most passengers have had little or no baggage at all, and ive always been the same, so i find overall price much more important than any baggage issues. Still though a good survey and i hope the thesis goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Good survey!
    For me, baggage is very important, since I usually bring lots of stuff from home (cheap cosmetics, clothes, books, etc - so I need at least 20 kg, 40 would be even better.) Not mentioning any names, but ever since a certain airline cancelled their flights from Shannon to an airport near Hamburg, I boykott them completely...If I have to go to Dublin anyway, I might as well fly Hamburg direct, with "nice" Aerlingus...;-)

Good luck with the thesis!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just completed the survey. Good luck, Augi, on your thesis :)

As a side note, the questionnaire seems to be a bit pre-occupied with luggage allowances. If that is one of the main themes your thesis is about and the survey is trying to find out how much people value luggage allowances compared to ticket price, should you not include questions on handluggage vs checked-in luggage?

Are you aware of the recent Ryanair policy change in favour of hand luggage and against checked-in luggage?

Advertisement