Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does he want me back

Options
  • 06-04-2006 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I broke up with my boyfriend recently. I realy miss him and we speak all the time. He said to me we might get back but i dont know if he is only saying this 2 be nice or something! Am i holding on 2 somrthing that isnt there anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well that depends.
    Has he made any hints to say that he wants you back?
    How long are you broken up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

talk to him and ask him maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

well u haven't given much information there so most of us couldn't judge properly..

one thing i would say tho is try not to sound desperate, because if he can delay his decision and have some fun with the lads or whatever and keep u wanting then he will prolong things longer than necessary in your eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Better off asking him instead of us!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

With respect, how on earth could anyone know whether he wants you back or not? From the scant info on your post, it seems he holds all the cards, which is a pity. Hard as it may be, and heart-broken as you may be, why not try and use the time apart to evaluate your relationship and the other things in your life. Who knows, if he sees you getting on with it, rather than pining for him, he may come running back...but if you're desperately waiting for him, and he knows this, well what's the urgency? He may well think "it's not like she's going anywhere, I'll consider my options".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

in fairness
    we don't know your ex b/f
    why don't you ask him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yes...

...wait, no.

...well, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

You haven't really given that much info so anyway I would just ask him straight out. Ask for a YES or NO answer. Don't let him waste your time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Zulu unhelpful posts will get you banned from this forum.
    Do read the charter for the rules and abide by them while posting.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Thaedydal wrote:
    Zulu unhelpful posts will get you banned from this forum.
    ...well in my defence, I was being as helpful as I could be. :o

OP - ask your ex. only he knows the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

why did you break up. he break it or did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

Sounds like he's being a bit of a tosser to me. What kind of a way to treat someone is that? We 'might' get back together indeed! it's very difficult when you break up with someone you still like and keep seeing them.

I don't think you should allow yourself to be left hanging like that. Tell him you're NOT going to get back together - he had his chance - and stop seeing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I broke up with my boyfriend recently. I realy miss him and we speak all the time. He said to me we might get back but i dont know if he is only saying this 2 be nice or something! Am i holding on 2 somrthing that isnt there anymore?

Great post. I would say hes cheating on you and tryna decide which 1 of you he wants to stay with - thats why he said he 'might' get back with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'd say he's keeping your hopes up so that he will have somebody handy for a quick shág tbh. I'd give him an ultimatum if I were you - yes or no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Em i dont really get this you say you finished with him and he is the one saying ye might get back? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I had a girl say that to me once, and it's such a frikkin' mind fcuk! You're left with no closure on the relationship, and you're totally confused.

My advice? Put it out of your head if you can, and get on with your own life.

Like the others have said though, we don't know the full extent of the situation..

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bunnybunny1234

He finished with me it was real sudden but he was real upset about it 2 and said he didnt know if it was a mistake to end things

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

With my former boyfriend experience I'd say not a chance. the whole upset thing is just a dodge. If he really wand to be with you then he would. Excuses are nonsense unless he is a complete incompetent pansy.

It is much easier to pull out this upset story than say I'm fed up with you - but I might keep you in the background in case I get bored.

maybe ur all right probably should just leave it but its so hard dont know if i should spk 2 him anymore either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

break ups are basically ****e for all involved.

a lot of people, mostly guys (me being a guy, although I'm not saying I've done it) will keep in contact with exs and give suggestions of getting back together either to ease thier own guilt or to make sure them legs are open for business if they get bored.

try breaking off contact for a while, see what he does. if makes a consistant, sustained effort, then maybe he's serious. otherwise, its time to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

sounds like he wants to have his cake and ride it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

He said to me we might get back but i dont know if he is only saying this 2 be nice or something! Am i holding on 2 somrthing that isnt there anymore?

He said "might" get back together. If you are speaking together all the time and having the occasional shág (which I suspect you are), he's probably making sure you stay a regular fúck till he finds someone else.

Sorry to be harsh and brutal honey, but thats the sad reality. Delete his number and ignore his calls. Make a clean break. Its that or mope around in the doldrums for an indefinite period feeling like a harpooned whale.

K-

dont know if that will work but will give it a try. just feel so lonely!!! and have started smoking like a trooper again

dont know if that will work but will give it a try. just feel so lonely!!! and have started smoking like a trooper again

Advertisement