Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Beginner advice.

Options
  • 06-04-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently did a 10 day woodwork course and have to say I caught the bug. I only really learned my joints and since then have made some kitchen cabinets and bedside lockers out of MDF or Furniture board?? From B&Q .

I’d really like to further my experience by doing a furniture design or cabinet making even course and was wondering if anyone had any advice or information on specific courses.

I'm based on the northside of Dublin and would rather not commute to far as it may interfere with the day job.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭O-Ninio

Not too sure about exact locations but I have seen guides to evening classes that contained woodwork courses run on a weekly basis with both sides of Dublin covered. If you are into turning Bolton Street run a Monday night class I think. I also know there are some courses in the Bray direction which you could get the dart to.
    As far as I know most evening type courses seem to kick off around the September time and usually before this there is a guide to evening classes published which covers Dublin all courses and locations etc.
    I think Bolton street do an evening design course not sure if its directly aimed at wood but more general design which is still good as you would get the chance to incorporate other materials. Ring local VEC S adult colleges etc. thta is where they usually take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

O-Ninio,

Thanks for that I actually know some of the DIT porters so I’ll ask them if they can get me some info.

I actually have a background in fashion design but moved into IT so the main areas I’d be interested in is structure, materials and finishes as my flamboyant side is always tempered by my lack of knowledge on construction.

Advertisement