Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to golf

Options
  • 06-04-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im just wondering whats the best shop in Dublin for buying golf-clubs? I want a good set and any help on the type or any suggestions at all would be most welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Most shops will do beginner sets for about 100 euros, which should be good enough if you are a complete beginner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Hi
    Im just wondering whats the best shop in Dublin for buying golf-clubs? I want a good set and any help on the type or any suggestions at all would be most welcome.
    Thanks

McGuirks (Blanch, Leopardstown and Howth)
    Golfworks

also try www.thegolfhq.com - very relaibale service and cheap beginner sets.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

double post... sorry... see below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Hi
    Thanks

A good caddy would be important, too, especially if your ankles are sore from too much walking on the greens. Be sure to take along something to eat, like perhaps jalapeno begals with cream cheese, but look out for the bread crumbs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Golfworks usually have very very good deals on second hand sets
    better than McGuirks I have found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mcguirks is a very generic shop, don't go looking for an xy head with an n shaft,
    and do go trying to trade anything thats been changed either, they don't like it,
    i always found it strange, if they kept an extensive range of high quality trade ins then there's bound to be something for everyone but they don't want anything thats not out of the box spec.

Advertisement