Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlueFace TA612V and Irish Broadband Fixed IP

Options
  • 06-04-2006 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a Netgear TA612V ATA, Irish Broadband fixed IP, SMC Barricade 4 port wireless router, Lucent wireless network card in my laptop.

Regardless of whether I connect my internet connection into the router or ATA first, I cannot make calls. I can access the internet via my laptop if the broadband cable is connected to the wireless router. However, if I connect the ATA direct to the internet connection, and connect the laptop to the ATA via Ethernet cable, I cannot browse http://192.168.61.1 (the ATA configuration page) to configure anything. Nor can I browse the internet. I have tried all cable combinations, but nothing works.

I have tried to use the ATA without the router, but still no joy.

Does this sound like a dodgy ATA box, or is there some sort of compatability issues with Blueface and Irish Broadband?

Cheers,

Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Maybe you can get Blueface to walk you through what's necessary?

If I understand you correctly you can't access the web config interface on the Netgear. That's obviously the first thing to figure out or you can't configure the ATA or indeed communicate with it so nothing is likely to work. I doubt that default LAN IP address of the device is 192.168.61.1, unless you mistyped that. Usually it's 192.168.1.1. If you connect a PC to the LAN end of the interface and set it up to use DHCP, what address does it get and what's the gateway address?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

the ip address of the ata is 192.168.61.1 (its printed on the back of the ata). i use it with metro-connection from cable modem into ata then connection from ata to wireless modem-its works that way for me though initially it did not.any chance you have the connections mixed up-like putting the internet into the ethernet connection?

Advertisement