Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression?

Options
  • 05-04-2006 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So here's the thing. I've been feeling really down over the last few months, I've been irritable, had fights with family and friends, lost interest in schoolwork and hobbies, spend most of my time just moping round and sleeping, often cry for no reason, I'm always tired, often have trouble sleeping, have regular headaches and stomach crams, have become seriously caffeine-reliant and am drinking a lot more than usual.

It seems like these are symptoms of depression but I can't work out if that's what it is or if it's just typical teen stress and angst and stuff. Hardly anyone has noticed there's anything wrong and those who do just think I'm having a bad day. I can't talk to my family or friends since none of them have noticed anything but I'm feeling really out of control?
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might or might not. Can you talk to your parents or some other adult (teacher, school counsellor, aunt / uncle). Explain to them that you are having problems and ask is there anyone they can recommend to talk to.

I think cut out the caffeine and alcohol (should you really be drinking if still in school), they won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Are you sure you can't talk to your mother or father? They will surely be concerned and supportive.

Just so we know where you are coming from, and to help give you whatever 'advice' we can, could you tell us your age and gender?

I agree with Victor - you should cut out the alcohol - it is a depressant.

Cut out the coffee after 3pm latest - decaf tastes OK you know! Try to regularise your sleep pattern - if you sleep in the day, that may well be why you have difficulty sleeping at night.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement