Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap offies in Sligo city

Options
  • 05-04-2006 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

I need to buy a crate of Bulmers for the weekend (goign scuba diving woohoo)

Any idea where would be the cheapest place to pick up a crate in Sligo town? (Cant go to cash and carry - no VAT/AC number)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JohnCleary wrote:
    I need to buy a crate of Bulmers for the weekend (goign scuba diving woohoo)

Any idea where would be the cheapest place to pick up a crate in Sligo town? (Cant go to cash and carry - no VAT/AC number)

Is the Bulmers to keep you down or up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

muffler wrote:
    Is the Bulmers to keep you down or up :D

Up, until I fart, then its all down!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

bit late for your scuba diving, but I haven't found anywhere to beat Christies on Pearse Road for off licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭Basq

GG66 wrote:
    ..but I haven't found anywhere to beat Christies on Pearse Road for off licence.
    Agreed... that's my local shop and offie!

Got 10 bottles of Heineken in there last week for €13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

basquille wrote:
    Got 10 bottles of Heineken in there last week for €13.

I really miss Sligo and Ireland on the whole, but when I hear prices like that, it shocks me, you can get at least 2 bottles of really good beer (which Heinieken isn't - my opinion anyway) for less than that here in Germany (and if yolu drink the Aldi beer, which isn't all that bad, you can buy a bottle of it for 25 cents

You just can't beat germany for cheap beer :D

• Advertisement

Heineken's my beer of choice to be honest!

When in see people drinking piss like Budweiser and Carlsberg, i can't help but gag!

What'd be really good beer over there?

You just can't beat germany for cheap beer :D
    Back in '88 we were out there for the European championship finals (the famous 1-0 win over England). Later that night we found this big "beer tent" What I could make out of the whole thing was that it was some local brewery having an open night/promotion.

In we went and all was there was a few wooden tables/tressles, wooden chairs, a makeshift bar, grass to walk on and loads and loads of beautiful draft beer.

Cant recall the price at the time (or indeed the following day either:D ) but it was cheap

Ah, the good old days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote:
    Back in '88 we were out there for the European championship finals (the famous 1-0 win over England). Later that night we found this big "beer tent" What I could make out of the whole thing was that it was some local brewery having an open night/promotion.

In we went and all was there was a few wooden tables/tressles, wooden chairs, a makeshift bar, grass to walk on and loads and loads of beautiful draft beer.

Cant recall the price at the time (or indeed the following day either:D ) but it was cheap

Ah, the good old days:)

This is all off topic but I remember watching that tournament on the box just after my first communion.:D

Personally, I think nothing comes close to a nice cold bottle of Heineken straight from the fridge.

smashey wrote:
    This is all off topic but I remember watching that tournament on the box just after my first communion.:DQUOTE]

Yes we all knew you were a late developer:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

basquille wrote:
    When in see people drinking piss like Budweiser and Carlsberg, i can't help but gag!

Have to agree with you there :D
    What'd be really good beer over there?

Well, Germany is famous for all it's different beer sorts, so the list would be endless, but what I'd consider good is

Flensburger, Jever, Warsteiner, Hasseröder, Bitburger, Becks, Berliner Pilsner to name but a few.

• Advertisement

Flensburger, Jever, Warsteiner, Hasseröder, Bitburger, Becks, Berliner Pilsner to name but a few.
    Seen Becks a couple of times over here for near to nothing - remember seeing 20 bottles for €20 in Tesco at one stage.

But i thought if it's that cheap, it must be horrible. Will give it a try next time i see it!

Advertisement