Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

reflective number plate sprays

Options
  • 04-04-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

not condoning them as their illegal.
    but just saw this on sky two's car wars now.

the car in front was being followed by police as although they could see his reg number clearly,
    it wouldnt show up on their camera

interesting stuff if you ask me ;)

spray_on.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did it actually say that it was caused by a spray because all info i have heard about them is that they are a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

It did.. said that the plate appeared fine to the naked eye, but looked like the above pic, due to the spray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

yeah,
    the cops said it once and then the narrator guy mentioned it again a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

subway wrote:
    yeah,
    the cops said it once and then the narrator guy mentioned it again a few times.

any more info on this spray?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's illegal afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I read somewhere that the police can easily manipulate the pic from a speed camera so as to be able to read the plate in spite of reflective coatings, sprays, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This is not legal for the police to do. They can only use the photo they have. Apart from zooming in or enlarging it there is not a lot they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

Anan1 wrote:
    I read somewhere that the police can easily manipulate the pic from a speed camera so as to be able to read the plate in spite of reflective coatings, sprays, etc.

yea as far as I know if you turn the pic into negative it should read the plate but as Bond says its probably illegal to manipulate the pic

Anan1 wrote:
    I think that they also claim that you can still be found out even if your reg is caked in mud. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

I think i saw the myth busters on discovery check this out and it got busted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

drdre wrote:
    any more info on this spray?

How did I guess it would be you to ask, from your posts I think you should be banned off the roads before you kill yourself and bring someone else along with you:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Bond-007 wrote:
    This is not legal for the police to do. They can only use the photo they have. Apart from zooming in or enlarging it there is not a lot they can do.

Why would they not be allowed?

It interferes with the implementation of the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anan1 wrote:
    Why would they not be allowed?
    They could doctor any number plate to look like what they want for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

I saw a Rolls Royce Phantom a while ago and the reg no. didn't come up on a photo I took of it. I'm pretty sure it was the sun that made it turn out the way it did but I thought you might be interested anyway...
    phantomblack1zz.th.jpg

AJ! wrote:
    I saw a Rolls Royce Phantom a while ago and the reg no. didn't come up on a photo I took of it. I'm pretty sure it was the sun that made it turn out the way it did but I thought you might be interested anyway...
    phantomblack1zz.th.jpg

thats a great pic and look in the background theres a maybach.:eek: but outside that hotel you only see amazing cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

drdre wrote:
    thats a great pic and look in the background theres a maybach.:eek: but outside that hotel you only see amazing cars.
    Yeah, it was mad seeing the Phantom and the Maybach that close together. Here's a link to a few more pictures from that day...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252012&page=56

AJ! wrote:
    Yeah, it was mad seeing the Phantom and the Maybach that close together. Here's a link to a few more pictures from that day...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252012&page=56

:mad: , i cannot access that page or thread as it has toomany pics on it o somthing and my laptop wonot let me do it.but i will be in college on friday so will check it out there.what other cars did you see that day just give me a few names to make me happy and i will see pics later:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

spray is a myth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

No, I've seen spray, it does exist....

• Advertisement

blastman wrote:
    No, I've seen spray, it does exist....

what does exist.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I have a spray that protects the car from tiger attacks. 6000 miles and not one savaging from a Bengal Tiger.

drdre wrote:
    what does exist.
    Spray (assuming that was a question).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

spray does exist but it's functionality is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Robbo wrote:
    I have a spray that protects the car from tiger attacks. 6000 miles and not one savaging from a Bengal Tiger.

I had that and it was ****. My tires got let down by a small ginger cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Jumpy wrote:
    I had that and it was ****. My tires got let down by a small ginger cat.

Thats because you need to get a seperate Tiger Tyre spray, you twit.

Spray is very functional. It wets stuff and, er.....

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Sorry to drag this old thread up but was just chatting to my dad he is a trucker with a heavy foot got done again this morning silly man wont take a hint and slow down. But he was chattin to another trucker who told him his son has reflective plates on his truck not spray but plates themselves made in dublin somewhere anyone know the firm????

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This thread is 5 years old. No need to drag it up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement