Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIC Open Day

Options
  • 04-04-2006 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

MIC (Media Initiative Collective) are having an Open Day on April 20th from 2-4pm.

They're sort of neighbours of mine and they're a good crowd, so I just though I'd spread the word.
    The MIC project provide training for young people 'at risk', in areas such as sound engineering, film production, and photography. It is an excellent opportunity for any young person who is interested in music and arts,
    especially those without formal education to junior / leaving cert level. the
    next start date is June 12 and we are currently recruiting.

In addition we run evening classes for all ages in music and drama, as well as an European arts programme open to the whole community!

If you are interested, even if you just want to pop in to have a look, come
    along on the day and our friendly team of staff and learners will show you
    around!

OPENDAY-WEB.gif
    description06.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Looks cool.
    Is the open day really more for people who want to do a full time course? I would love to but I only have time for part time courses at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. It looks that way. I've been up to their place before and they don't have a huge amount of space, so I guess they are limited to the amount of courses they can offer.

The place I work for should have some new part time training courses coming up soon. At the moment there is one running one evening a week, and that will be finishing up soon. It might be something that would suit you better.

PM me and I'll send you on the contact details so you can let us know if you are interested. We're a completely not-for-profit community media group so the cost for the course will be reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Thanks. Well I'm already doing the one in Near TV, which is on at the moment, but was just looking for another course to do afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fridge wrote:
    Thanks. Well I'm already doing the one in Near TV, which is on at the moment, but was just looking for another course to do afterwards.
    Oh good stuff. Be sure to say hi if you ever see me in the IT Training centre. That's where we also keep the video editing suites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

I've done this course before actually the first time it opened:)
    Really enjoyable although we were the test dummies to see if it worked but once it got into full swing(the studio's weren't even built at the time we started, but it helped the class get really close when it did start). I haven't been up in ages to see what its like now but i persume they must have improved on it loads. Well worth using it to build up a Portfilio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement