Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partners!

Options
  • 04-04-2006 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I may be ibn the wrong form but here goes.

A quick one and maybe the girls can answer this one and the guys too!
    Fed up with been a bit of a non runner in the love department.
    My partner has over the years critisied me for my lack of performance in the love dept. I have never been a confident person and maybe I always have the feeling that more is expected of me than I think I can give or do.
    We now have a beautiful baby boy which I adore and would do anything for. I'm still finding it somewhat odd though.
    You would think that if we have managed to produce off spring then things would be alright. I not sure that it is. Though she reasures me, I know that she aint satisified. She questions me every time I go somewhere, where was I?, Who was there?, What was said?. I know I'm not hte most talkitive person but I do make conversation about my family and work and general stuff, but she never seems to talk about her family unless I ask. She is very opinionated, when discussing something she constantly talks over what your saying and won't let you say what it is you have to say.
    I'm rambeling on now so to the point.
    Are women all so ......opininated, head strong, and selfish?
    Thanks for the time in reading and I look forward to some replys and adavice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

What kind of reply are you looking for?
    Sounds sorta like you're trying to start another woman bashing thread:-
    Are women all so ......opininated, head strong, and selfish?

Em, oh yes, of course every single woman alive is all of the above:rolleyes:
    Because, of course the idea of individuality is just an old wives tale.
    If you're a woman, you must be the above.

How, incidently is this a personal issue for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Sounds sorta like you're trying to start another woman bashing thread:-

He was just asking a question is all, no need to pick at the way he structured it. I suppose this can easily become another "bashing" thread if people want it to, but how about we see whats going down with OP?

Sometimes we need to remember that when people are righting these posts, they may not be thinking overly clearly, may be a bit emotional or just may not be able to clearly put across what it is they are looking for. Generally speaking a bit of patience goes a long way.

The answer to your question needs to be broken into three parts OP.

Are all women opinionted? Yes, just like all men, all women have an opinion about something.
    Are all women head strong? Some are, some are not.
    Are all women selfish? Once again some are, some are not.

Sounds to me like you are simply concerned about your relationship, which is not suprising as most couples who go through a big changes, at least one of them will ending up having those deep and scary thinking sessions about things.

You went from talking about being a "non runner" in the love department to the bit about women in a fairly rambling and disjointed lump, so maybe you should clarify the issues???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You'll often - almost always - have a dominant and submissive person in a relationship. Sometimes the dominant individual is the man, sometimes it's the woman. Also often it's not apparent which is which as passive aggressive personality types can in reality be the one's pulling the strings. I expect the same thing occurs in homosexual relationships.

In your case you appear to have the submissive role. Of course that's simply from your description - if you were a passive aggressive personality type, that's exactly how you would describe it so as to gain control.

Question is, do you have a problem with this? You seem a little unclear if and what it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Ok, maybe you're right, but he just got up my nose.

All this rambling & then "Are all women......."

I just thought, here we go....

& TBH I'm just SO fed up of those threads lately.

So, what is your issue exactly OP?
    Is it you feel you're not a good lover?
    Is it you're partner is wrecking your head?
    What exactly is it you're asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Ok, maybe you're right, but he just got up my nose.

All this rambling & then "Are all women......."

I just thought, here we go....

& TBH I'm just SO fed up of those threads lately.

I know what you mean, people can let single experiences color a lot more than it should.

Generally speaking though, whenever ever i see that "all women are b*tches" or "all men are b*stards" stuff in a post i will just ignore it. There have been moments in my life when i honestly thought that all girls we're create purely to mess with me, and i'm sure that lots of us felt that same at some point!!!

I find that by simple ignoring the reference, and getting a few more post together, it kinda cuts out the replies of "yeah, i know" that normally come up! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement