Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blueface for business

Options
  • 03-04-2006 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

just wondering if anyone has had experience with receiving phone calls and faxes using blueface. is there a problem with missed calls and what is the quality like. i have just used the free sample and thru soft phone/headset, doesn't seem too reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Works fine for me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

I had to get rid of blueface for my businness.
    It wasnt dependable when money is lost for each call dropped or not even received. You probably wouldnt even notice the downtime unless you are on the phone all day. Most people using it for home would never know about the dropouts and downtime at all.
    I had people ringing me on my mobile telling me they couldnt even get a dial tone on the landline (blueface voip). Its the ones that didnt ring me on the mobile that i'm worried about. They just would have thought we were gone out of business or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Hi,

We're thinking of trying it out where I work and have been reading through the posts to get some info. We are really only going to use it for local calls that are mainly outgoing at first as we have a fairly big bill each month for local outgoing calls (customer call aheads etc).

Would the dropouts matter much to us in this case? It sounds like they wouldn't?

We are currently using Wireless Broadband supplied by Ice Communications.

Also, I assume all we need is our connection and a Voip phone?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Do try it out if you;re looking to save money. For outbound calls it will be fine as long as your Internet connection is solid. Also try to make sure that other Internet traffic doesn't bugger things up. If your router has any QOS (Quality Of Service) feature then it'll help the VoIP traffic get priority and this'll keep the voice quality high.

Advertisement