Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona?

Options
  • 03-04-2006 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

Im heading to Barcelona easter week for 3 days. Any tips on what to see over there??

Thanks a million:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Well jump on the buses..there is a red and blue route and a green route (that's seasonal) everything you need is on these routes - La Sagrada Familla, The Olympic Stadium, The Port, Picasso Museum, Parc Guell and ALL the Gaudi stuff, Barceolna FC gronds...everything.....

Las Rambalas is a little bit dodgy but with a bit of common sense it's grand......... We found this Brilliant bar on Place Real (just off Las Rambalas)... it is a secret bar that the locals go to and it's open until all hours....... it is on the LHS of Place Real Square and it looks like peoples apartments but if you knock on the door and go up a few flights of stairs, it's there... It is decorated very burlesque and velvet but it is ALL good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Hi Barcelona is fab, was there six months ago. Again, I'd highly recommend the tour bus routes except the third one (yellow?) which we thought was crap with nothing to see and ended up stuck in rush hour traffic anyway! Sagrada Familia a must see, also I was very impressed by Parc Guell and the beaches (obv depends on the weather). The Olympic area on Montjuic was also lovely. In town, I wasn't bothered about Las Ramblas at all, but the Barri Gotic (gothic area) was really cool and worth checking out. It has a beautiful old cathedral and lovely lil shops.
    Enjoy your trip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Crubeens

I lived there for a while and never got tired of wandering around the network of ancient alleyways off either side of Las Ramblas, you can get lost in them and end up seeing some amazing bits of architecture. Never thought it was dangerous or anything.

Its great in the heat anyway, hope you get the weather at Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Barcelona v Villareal 16:00 Easter Sunday

Advertisement