Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on by the riverbank?

Options
  • 02-04-2006 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

On one of my infrequent runs along the canal and into UL I noticed that the riverbank is blocked of 3 or 4 times by new fencing, whats the story?

On the otherhand, the canal redevelopment is coming long nicely (except for some recent, mindless vandalism) and should be a pleasant walk into town by the time next college year rolls around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chubba1984

I was walking along the riverbank the other day and came to all those barriers, there's 3 of them, so I just hopped them anyway. All that seemed to be going on was a bit of tree felling, but I suppose it would need for the path to be blocked just in case somebody got hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

They are building a foot bridge across the Shannon from the Engineering Research building to the Health Science building.

Plans can be seen in the C1 corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

spideog7 wrote:
    They are building a foot bridge across the Shannon from the Engineering Research building to the Health Science building.

Plans can be seen in the C1 corridor.

Ya thats what their doing I saw the planning application down by the back gate on my way home one evening. It is definatly needed aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

Der gonna build a boathouse somewhere along the river too

Der gonna build a boathouse somewhere along the river too

No thats being done in Killaloe

• Advertisement

Nope thats there on the Shannon too. If your going across to Thomond Village on the road bridge its on your left (downstream) near the other (foot?) bridge.
    It went out to tender this month hopefully groundwork should be starting soon (watch out for it !!!) and all complete by roughly February '07.

Tis a few months delayed due to environmental impact statements... and the like.... being done up for the Planning Permission but back on track now.

Tis gonna house the Kayaking Club :D ,Rowing Club and Mountain Biking Club.
    There is a Pontoon being built there too.
    Once again plans can be seen in the C1 corridor :D

Is that huge building thats on the plans in the c1 being put on the river bank which side of the river is it going on

yup there is a pontoon being built with it too that can be seen on the plans also
    If your going across to Thomond Village on the road bridge its on your left ( looking downstream) near the other (foot?) bridge.
    :D

Thats the UL side not the Clare side :p

Advertisement