Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most bizarre in game event (Large Screenshots)

Options
  • 01-04-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭

This may seem like an April's fool but it's not, honest. I finished the Dark Brotherhood missions and started on the Thieves guild this morning, one of the missions has you stealing a Bust from a church in Cheydinhal, I did but was spotted by the private gaurd on my way out, since you're not meant to kill anyone on their missions I ran through the town and out the gate. Needless the say the local soldiers gave chase aswell but just outside the city gate was an Oblivion Gate. I figured it would be a quick way to lose them and also get some loot while I was there so I went through. About 10 minutes into doing the Oblivion level I was lining up a sneak shot on a Daedra about half way up the main tower when my crosshair spins to face one of the Cheydinhal soldiers demanding i pay his fine. I **** you not, they followed me into Oblivion. I resisted arrest and all hell broke loose between myself, the gaurds and the Daedra who now knew I was there. I decided to run for the top and lose the gaurds that way but again they followed. It ended up as another huge 3 way brawl on one of the walkways. One of the gaurds would only go unconscious and was otherwise indestructable so he survived to the end, by which time he didn't care about my character anymore and started walking away once the last Daedra fell, he disappeared after going through a few doors. When I did exit the level and the gate closed after a couple of seconds I heard a thump behind me and there was a freshly dropped gaurd body.
    The whole thing just cracked me up.
    dedication1.jpg
    dedication2.jpg
    dedication3.jpg
    dedication4.jpg
    dedication5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

How odd, but it looks like you've messed up that quest now :(
    You're supposed to go in with those guards and show them how to close the gate so they can start closing them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Funiest event yet for me was when I was contacted by the Dark Brotherhood. This was during a kip in the Arena training area. I was chatting to him while the other folks looked on and just behind him was a messenger waiting in turn to give me a suspicious message from the thieves guild. So I triggered both at the same time and it wasn't much of a quiet approach from either. Found it amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

When I arrived at Weynon priory for the first time and I attacked the assassins, it registered as a murder, so not only did all the monks then turn on me, it also got me a big ass fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Zillah same thing happened to me when I teleported straight there, I reloaded and went to the farm just below and it was fine. I think the problem there is when walk towards the Priory an NPC comes running up to you to warn you they're under attack, if you fast travel he doesn't catch you until well into the action - he seems to be the trigger to make the Mythic Dawn folks register as legal to kill.
    Koneko - DAMN. I'm guessing it's not a main plotline but fk it I'll go back and redo it then. I'd only move on one more mission and that was Fubar'd too
    You're supposed to talk to Lady Allessiia's maid for the location of a stolen ring and apparently if you don't and just go ahead and find it/take it yourself it bugs the mission. Weeeellll the NPC in question has a habit of travelling between towns and after following the quest pointer i found a bear....yes a bear...where she was supposed to be and her horse sitting off to the side. I guess the NPC's tracking beacons can survive the owner being chomped. Why does this **** happen to me!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

man that's class nothing like that has happened to me yet anyway thank feck, i am playing on the 360 though so cant post screenies if they did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I did that mission.. when i ran out of the church i jumped in the river, cast a water breathing spell and hid.. i then made a run for the stables and for my horse and made my way right to the thieves guild to clear my bounty.. thats funny...

Only similar thing was i was breaking into someones house and i woke them up. the bodyguard told me i had 10 seconds to get out.. i took a little longer... anyway i left and he followed me outside. I kept going and i thought he turned around and went back.. anyway about 10 to 15 mins later i was in the mages guild i think.. or maybe i was doing some other quest.. anyway i cant remember... but the bodyguard appears and tells me "i warned you to leave!!" i think he fecked off then.. or maybe i killed him.. there is so much to the game i cant remember what happened :D

Fabulous game.. so much to do.. have barely even touched the main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

after winning the arena, i ended up with an adoring fan following me around everywhere i went. I was near Lleywyn(??) and got attacked, he ran away. about a week later i was in an oblivion gate near anvil, turned around a corner saw something moving, and with a reflex action swiped my sword at it. It ended up being him, it had taken him a week to find me, ah well he's dead now, so much for my fanclub

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

He comes back - if you go to the arena again he should be waiting. Mine got hacked to bits on a dungeon raid - helped alot cos one of the purps went for him so I could deal with one at a time. Useful bugger - if not a little annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

The strangest thing I've seen was when a friend added a few mods and try them all one after another. Especially three of them that said NOT to do certin things. He did those things and nothing seemed to happen so he went on as normal. In a shop, nicking everything that wasn't nailed down, he tried to pickpocket the shopkeeper but he couldn't sneak up without someone observing him. The shopkeeper was the only one he had seen in there and had their back to him. Quite strange, he said **** it and went to leave but who did he see crouching staring at him? Emperor Septim himself. It was a real wtf moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Maybe old Septim was the original HalfLife G-Man.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

_CreeD_ wrote:
    Maybe old Septim was the original HalfLife G-Man.....

Patrick Stewart transends games and other media, he was a legend in X-COM, was captain of the enterprise, he was Xaviar, leader of the X-Men and now he's an Emporer....

He's watching, if you do anything wrong he'll have Akatosh on your ass to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

*sniff* I smell a nerd ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Thieves guild spoilers -
    When I was trying to get the boots of Springheel Jak, I went into the Earl's house to persuade him to tell me where to go. I broke in during the day and the guy started crapping himself and cowering down while talking to me, but then told me where to go. Then, when I ended the conversation, he followed me around saying "Don't hurt me!". It was fairly odd.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

evad_lhorg wrote:
    *sniff* I smell a nerd ;)

Dude, your in the RPG sections of the games thread. This is Nerd City! :D Now if you could smell a babe...then I would be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Waltons wrote:
    Thieves guild spoilers -
    When I was trying to get the boots of Springheel Jak, I went into the Earl's house to persuade him to tell me where to go. I broke in during the day and the guy started crapping himself and cowering down while talking to me, but then told me where to go. Then, when I ended the conversation, he followed me around saying "Don't hurt me!". It was fairly odd.

Yeah same thing happened with me, thought it very weird but what a good mission all the same

Advertisement