Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

California: Los angeles and San diego

Options
  • 01-04-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Ive a few days in los angeles and a few months in san diego comming up. What's the best attractions there or the general area?

Anything really, parks, museums, celebs but Im also a student and up for a good time so theme parks, clubs, sports, gambling etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I lived in San Diego a couple of years ago. Its the best city in the world. Its where the USA meets the americas.

Make sure you get a place in pacific beach or mission beach. Dont get accomodation downtown because apartment blocks are really fussy about playing music & partying etc. Banana bungalo's is a great hostel with BBQ and beer kegs every night of the week. You should spend a few days there when you first arrive.
    The pubs and clubs are cool. Theres a place called the "bitter end" thats great, thats on broadway. Balboa park is beautiful and has the biggest zoo in the world. The padres stadium is on K street and doesnt cost much to see a game. Theres also Seaworld which i didnt visit but if your into that sort of thing i'd say it'll be good.
    The beach parties around mission or PB are the best and are much better crack than the pubs and clubs, cheaper too
    Finally, the best part is the Sessions down in Tiijuana. Safari nightclub has a volley ball court and topless ladies dancing. Its $20 dolars in and the drink is free.
    I'm very jealous, i'd love to be going back down there. In fact i even wrote a song about it click here http://artists.cpu.ie//play.php?band_id=626&song_id=3379&mode=song_lofi

Advertisement