Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do?

Options
  • 01-04-2006 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice. Here goes...

Recently i was on holiday and i met a gorgeous looking girl from one of the world's poorer countries. We had a great time and we've kept in touch since. We've also talked about the possibility of her coming here for a while so we can get to know each other properly. The problem is, i cant shake the feeling that Im just being used for a visa and once she gets her feet on the ground (at my expense) she'll be gone and i'll be left heartbroken and several grand worse off

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

hard one but if you think like that then you are probably right gut feeling and all that, but again if you had met her here and she had a visa would you think she would not be interested in you, if that is the case then you seem insercure you could believe in yourself and think I am a good man and why should I not get a pretty girl whether in cuba or ireland, could this be you worrying about what other small minded Irish friends of yours would think if so then again you seem insercure, what is the worst she comes over you have fun then she leaves you , this happens in all relationships everyday she does not have to be from cuba for that to happen, If it was me I would do what is right for me and xxxx everyone else best of luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

hmm.. that is a hard one! TBH i would be extremely wary! i have a friend that met a girl abroad and worked to get her a visa here, brought her over and married her and as soon as everything was final she filed for divorce! he was heartbroken for years after.
    But realistically the decision is yours to make. none of us on here actually know her. only you know her. i would take it very slowly and see how it goes. have you thought of you going back over there to get to know her? it seems an awful lot of trouble to go to, just to get to know each other properly! it will probably cost you the same to go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

STAY AWAY!!!!!!

even if she likes you her family and financial situation are more important than you will ever be. you are walking into a trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

sportswear wrote:
    STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Good looking women (ie. assuming better than your normal strike level) can skew your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

if she "didn't get to know you better" when she had the chance and isn't suggesting that you go to where she lives .... run away... run away.

anyway. what is someone from "one of the world's poorer countries" doing on holiday ? I don't think it works like that .... (cue righteous debate about the rights of anyone to have a holiday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Suggest you go over to her and see what her reaction is. If she's happy with that then it sounds like maybe she's being honest but if she pushes to come over here then that should answer your question !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Anon789 wrote:
    The problem is, i cant shake the feeling that Im just being used for a visa

Follow your gut then and cease contact. If you really feel like you are being used, then its more than likely true.

K-

Advertisement