Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadtalk or Blueface Or ?

Options
  • 31-03-2006 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm going to be getting rid of my landline & getting IBB Breeze 1MB in to the house (can't get broadband on the phoneline). I want to get VOIP for the phone & a friend has recommended Broadtalk, but I noticed a lot of you guys here use Blueface... A couple of questions for you:

Which is the better (& simpler) service to use ?
    Are there any other options on the market ?
    Is there much of a difference in line quality ?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You will need to test yourself really. With IBB nothing might work well, including basic broadband. VoIP is very sensitive to the quality of the connection. Random ping spikes and packet loss will lead to terrible call quality.

The main benefit with Broadtalk, on paper, is that you get a geographical number with their pre-pay service and I think some of their rates are better than Blueface as well. With Blueface you end up with bundles that may or may not give you value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I use Blueface and find it to be very good. I still look at it in a "compared to Eircom prices..." way.

I've never used Broadtalk so can't really say but in my experience the Blueface support is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

paulm17781 wrote:
    I use Blueface and find it to be very good. I still look at it in a "compared to Eircom prices..." way.

I've never used Broadtalk so can't really say but in my experience the Blueface support is second to none.

Same here.

DC

Advertisement