Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours: Best Soap around?

Options
  • 31-03-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

After much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that Neighours is by far the best soap on telly at the moment

REASONS WHY:
    (1) It's set in Australia! I mean which is more interesting, a soap based around a farm in Yorkshire or one down under?

(2) The girls arent eyesores!! Which would u chose, Sky from Neighbours or Deirdre from Corrie?

(3) Its world famous theme tune!!! Everyone knows it. Ok so Corrie and Eastenders have well known ones too but theirs dont have words to make funny changes outta. Im sure that everybody has heard some variation of the Neighbours tune at some point!

Theres others I could mention too but I'll just rest my case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

No. Home and Away kicks its ass. Its also set in Australia, the women are better looking (Sky is a little chipmunk) and the song is WAY better. Great storylines too, and two briliantly evil characters, Amanda and Josh. H&A all the way!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

castagnoli wrote:
    No. Home and Away kicks its ass. Its also set in Australia, the women are better looking (Sky is a little chipmunk) and the song is WAY better. Great storylines too, and two briliantly evil characters, Amanda and Josh. H&A all the way!!!!!!!!

And Home & Away has Alf Stewart of course. The last word in any of these arguments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Fair city tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Fair city tbh ;)
    NO NO nO, bad lighting, bad acting and bad plot devices.

Corination street all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

castagnoli wrote:

Ok I'll admit its a close call between the 2!

• Advertisement

Marshy wrote:
    Ok I'll admit its a close call between the 2!

Personally i cant watch either, its just i find all their accents so contrite and obsequious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

cotwold wrote:
    Personally i cant watch either, its just i find all their accents so contrite and obsequious.
    That's coming from a coronation street fan!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Without a doubt, the best story in recent times was in Neighbours with Harold trying to kill Paul. So unlikely, yet realistic. However, I started a new job a few weeks back and cant watch neighbours any more so I dont know hwhat happened:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Home and Away is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Neighbours.

Marshy wrote:
    That's coming from a coronation street fan!!!!

What i find the coronation street actor's accents to be endearing.
    nollaig wrote:
    Without a doubt, the best story in recent times was in Neighbours with Harold trying to kill Paul. So unlikely, yet realistic. However, I started a new job a few weeks back and cant watch neighbours any more so I dont know hwhat happened:confused:

Eh. Mike Baldwin!

• Advertisement

Eh. Mike Baldwin!

That was a good stroy without a doubt. But the neghbours one for its unpredictable nature was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

BolBill wrote:
    Home and Away is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Neighbours.
    Not for me, H&A is too movie-ish. Neighbours all the way

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Neighbours is by far the best soap around. Best acting, storylines and eye candy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Marshy wrote:
    Sky from Neighbours or Deirdre from Corrie?

Both are rotten, but at least Deirdre can claim she's an aul wan.

The one Boyd is with is far nice than Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Neighbours is my favourite and especially now that Toadie's ma is back....MMMMMMMMM :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭michaela

castagnoli wrote:

i'll second tha!!!!!!!!!
    n the sexiness of rick & kym is unbelivable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misefreisin

neighbours ftw.

not loving katya, or this ned/izzy storyline. i hope they all feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Neighbors best soap? Nope. "OC." It's full of soap, especially when someone pours it in the hot tub.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

neighbours ftw.

not loving katya, or this ned/izzy storyline. i hope they all feck off.
    Both Izzy and Ned leave later in the year. It's rumoured that Izzy is killed off.

this ned/izzy storyline

Whats goin on with them.
    Cant watch neighbours anymore cos Ive started a new job and dont see it:(

• Advertisement

nollaig wrote:
    Whats goin on with them.
    Cant watch neighbours anymore cos Ive started a new job and dont see it:(
    they're getting married and moving to Sydney....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

I've always been a big Neighbours fan, but H&A is ten times better at the moment. Neighbours has become consumed with young love and attempted murder involving Harold Bishop and Paul Robinson. (Never thought I'd be writing that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Neighbours is so ridiculous, I was just watching it there the other day when Steph had the baby. What a load of crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 schwaaaaa

Soaps are mindless babble, but seing as were on the topic NEIGHBOURS ROCKS MY WORLD!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellowhill

To Be Honest Neighbours Bores The Crap Out Of Me. Although Its Not As Bad As Eastenders...way Way Bad. Corrie Is Good Though With Good Actors And Stories. I Like Fair City The Best Because Its Got Good Scripts And At Least The Characters Are Real People..plus Its Irish!:d

Yellowhill wrote:
    To Be Honest Neighbours Bores The Crap Out Of Me. Although Its Not As Bad As Eastenders...way Way Bad. Corrie Is Good Though With Good Actors And Stories. I Like Fair City The Best Because Its Got Good Scripts And At Least The Characters Are Real People..plus Its Irish!:d
    nah, Fair City is rubbish...

who's that new blond chick in Neighbours? she's real pretty...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Fair City 4 life!

Advertisement