Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ar Ais Arís - Trad Festival, Buncrana

Options
  • 30-03-2006 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Traditional arts festival in Buncarna this weekend; just wondering is anyone planning on going along?

Looks set up to be a great weekend - lots of music, workshops, pub sessions and late licences for the bars. Plus a lot of people coming home for the weekend... to be honest I haven't seen such potential for a good time in Buncrana in a long while.

The Pyros on Friday and Saturday night should be particularly good.

Ar Ais Arís website is here.

also.. speaking of arts in Buncrana, fair play to the Inishowen Carnival Group who won the Premier Award at the Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin. I was out in Dublin with some of the samba band the night before; I'm suprised they could stand by the time the parade started, let alone play drums ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Will be giving it a look anyway, not quite sure who/what is on where thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Check the website for listings. Tickets are needed for some of the better gigs unfortunately, although I suspect there'll be plenty of craic to be had in the pubs at the same time. Haven't seen anything listed in that regard, but I'd be very suprised if a few impromptu sessions don't spring up somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Unstoppable PoO

Yes boy!

Was at pyros last night, ****in brillaint craic sir

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Aye, was there myself last night :) Jumping around like a mad thing... great gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

Was there too! Fantastic band..what a line up..Kevin Doherty, Paul Rodden, Ciaran Tourish, Laurence Doherty, Mickey Gallinagh, John Cutliffe and James Delaney and Sean McCarron guesting!!

Some crowd..haven't seen the White Strand as bunged in years with people waiting to get in.

They're supposed to do it again next year! Is there any other band anything close to being like them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement