Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bar

Options
  • 30-03-2006 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anyone go to Vodoo yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Doesnt open til friday as far as i know.
    was down the town today and theyre putting the sign up out front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Not opening til Friday. Jason's fairly talking it up but then he said he'd bought it!!!! So you can't believe all you hear. Club ain't opening til later. 1800 capacity seems a bit big in this day and age. Interesting that they advertise the bar will have piano and Lee gouch Fri - Sun til 2am when Bars don't have these sort of hours. There is no exemptions available on a Sunday unless Bank Holiday and its hard to see a Dance License for the Bar on this criteria. Then again, law enforcement isn't always great when it comes to Main Street bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Maybe they'll stop serving at the usual time and keep playing to 2....

Thats not how it works a bar license allows serving til 12.30 entertainment supposed to stop. Drink up til 1 on Friday and Sat. 11 or 11.30 depending on time of year on a Sunday. Dance license, providing you actually have a dancefloor as such allows til 2.30

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Anyone go to voodoo last nite? i called in after 9, place was pretty packed but as a bar nothin special. looks nice and had loads of flashing lights and whatnot, but not much craic. Actually wasn't too disimilar to mono in interior, just the layout was a bit different.

• Advertisement

Haven't been yet but have spoken to some that were. You appear to be correct, alot is the same only brightened up a bit. Hear a lot of negatives such as layout, sound and smokers not being allowed back in. Early days yet and I'm sure they are not gonna be in a position to pick on smokers in quiet times. Also heard of over 25's being id'ed which I suppose they should be flattered with. Its thrown together quite quickly and all new places need to bed in but a sharp refocussing is needed if the club is to do well when it opens. Definately stick to my original post in other threads that it was really talked up and usually hype leaves alot of disappointment. But one thing is for sure, smokers cannot be told they will not be allowed to get back in if they go out for one!!! It goes to show winning the lottery ain't everything.... it doesn't make you a publican!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I went into it last night for one. I was never in Mono, so can't compare it. I thought it looked rather well. The only downside I saw was that it is rather small. Maybe that won't be an issue after the "NEW" status wears off, but I'm personally not a fan of cramped conditions.

Advertisement