Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It would make you sick...

Options
  • 30-03-2006 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

Just after looking out of the office window into the car park and some man in a jeep is after emptying all the rubbish from the back seats onto the ground. I ran out after him but he was gone by the time I got down.

I'm just absolutely shocked that people carry on like this. I thought it was just complete scobies that do this, but it seems that any kind of bastard will not think twice about littering.

I've got his licence plate, but what do you think I should do now? Is there any point in even ringing the litter warden when the ignorant bastard will probably deny it.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Of course ring them, you might be surprised what could happen. At the very least, if they caught up with him, he'd know that he was being watched. Might make him think twice...

Nice one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Make the call... This kinda lark is my pet hate too..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

;)
    Linoge wrote:
    Just after looking out of the office window into the car park and some man in a jeep is after emptying all the rubbish from the back seats onto the ground. I ran out after him but he was gone by the time I got down.

I'm just absolutely shocked that people carry on like this. I thought it was just complete scobies that do this, but it seems that any kind of bastard will not think twice about littering.

I've got his licence plate, but what do you think I should do now? Is there any point in even ringing the litter warden when the ignorant bastard will probably deny it.:mad:

I hate that, I'd love to find out where he lives and dump a load of rubish in his
    halting site.
    It doesn't mater if he denys it, your word will be good enough for the litter warden to prosicute and he will. The prosicution might not be sucessfull but he might be stupid enough to admit it and then he's in deep sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Has rubbish been dumped there before, if so, maybe he goes there regularly to dump his rubbish. Keep a camera handy.

If you have no reason to believe this then definely contact the litter warden. contact the warden again after to ask are they following it up. You should also contact the gardai maybe.

This rubbish ( pardon the pun) really wrecks my head also. You would think that in this day and age that if the environmental enforcers of the local authorities were funded enough they could have hidden cameras at regular dumping areas.

We really need to start making more noise about this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

samb wrote:
    Has rubbish been dumped there before, if so, maybe he goes there regularly to dump his rubbish. Keep a camera handy.

If you have no reason to believe this then definely contact the litter warden. contact the warden again after to ask are they following it up. You should also contact the gardai maybe.

This rubbish ( pardon the pun) really wrecks my head also. You would think that in this day and age that if the environmental enforcers of the local authorities were funded enough they could have hidden cameras at regular dumping areas.

We really need to start making more noise about this issue.

I think the camera idea is the way to go, something like a gatso that can be moved around to spots where regular dumping takes place,it would also be a good idea to put up more signs warning of the penalties for dumping.
    i think this problem is getting worse but a big part of it is the lack of places to bring rubbish and the lack of info on where the refuse centres are, the only one i know is in coolmine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Absolutely. Never know, CCTV might have gotten it. Then name and shame the bastard

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement