Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels for Dogs

Options
  • 30-03-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Can anyone recommend a good boarding kennel in North County Dublin, Meath or Louth. This is my first time putting my dog in a kennel for the weekend any tips on inspections to the kennels what to look for etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Hi

I can recommed the kennels we use, near Summerhill in Meath.

The dogs get great walks and have play time etc.

have used them several times, approx. 13 euro per night. Includes a dog wash on the day of departure!

Leaving our lab there for three weeks in the summer. It also has a couple of long term residents!

PM me for phone details

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

There is a kennels on the Hansfield Road, somewhere between Clonee and Clonsilla. I've never used it and know nobody who has so this isn't a recommendation;) I don't know the phone number but they advertise on the notice board in Dunnes at Ongar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

There is an excellent kennel in Ashbourne - very new and brilliantly run. I had to drag my dog kicking and screaming out of it.

It is run by the son of the owner of Wenden kennels - http://www.wendenkennels.com/ I guess they could give you the number. Don't have it handy.

It is a very clean and spacious kennel with an indoor play area for dogs and heated floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

www.HappyHounds.ie

This sounds like a great place. I found it on dogtrainingirleand.ie Might be worth a look. The one thing I would say is to check out wherever you are going to leave your dog/s and maybe even do a couple of visits with your dog/s - kennel owners shouldn't have a problem with this!! If they do have a problem with pre-inspections - personally I'd steer clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rachel 999

check out bellewstownkennels.com super place:):):)
    nichen wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good boarding kennel in North County Dublin, Meath or Louth. This is my first time putting my dog in a kennel for the weekend any tips on inspections to the kennels what to look for etc.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Hi,

I used All Paws Kennels in Walshestown, just off the M1 exit near Balbriggan last year. The 2 ladies that run it are lovely. They have a huge field which the dogs get walked in a couple of times a day. When we went to collect our 2 they didnt want to leave they kept running up to the gate to the field.

Sorry I dont have their number in my purse today. I'll dig it out and post it up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

Rivendell Kennels in Meath is fantastic!! The owners really love and know about dogs. They have alot of experience and offer a great service. The dogs get walked a few times daily and get talked to and treated as if they were their own rather than just beenn locked up for hours and hours like in some kennels. Id highly reccommend them!!! Prices are very reasonable too! :)
    check out: Rivendell Kennels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This thread is nearly 3 years old so I don't think the OP is still looking for this info :)
    Might still come in handy for someone else though.

Came across a training kennels in Co. Louth called Top Dog. Says they are full members of APDT. Does any one know what these letters stand for.:confused:
    leelee_m wrote: »
    Rivendell Kennels in Meath is fantastic!! The owners really love and know about dogs. They have alot of experience and offer a great service. The dogs get walked a few times daily and get talked to and treated as if they were their own rather than just beenn locked up for hours and hours like in some kennels. Id highly reccommend them!!! Prices are very reasonable too! :)
    check out: Rivendell Kennels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

Rachel 999 wrote: »
    Came across a training kennels in Co. Louth called Top Dog. Says they are full members of APDT. Does any one know what these letters stand for.:confused:

They stand for The Association of Pet Dog Trainers

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

i'd second summerhill!!great place!the girl seems to really enjoy having all the dogs with her and they have a great time

Had a look at that web site. Does this assocation make them better trainers.:confused:
    leelee_m wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 winterct

hi

can u give me more details on kennels in summerhill. ie address etc.
    thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 27 billy and sarah

Hi Racheal
    I own and run www.topdog-training.com here in Louth.
    Does being a member of an organisation make us better trainers? umm not really just shows that we are members of a dog training organisation.You can be a member of a gym but doesnt mean you are going to be fit.It all depends on the individual and their attitude.I think my attitude to dog training to be very good and so to do my customers,as can be verified when you take a look at my site,with the references i have recieved.I am more than willing to talk to you on the phone or you can visit to if you like.The kenneling side of things is really geared to dogs that we have trained here already as what we are is a training kennel as opposed to a boarding kennel.So to board your dog here he or she will have had to have gone on our basic obedience course first.Thats about all for now,and of course before you book your dog in anywhere for kenneling visit the place first as there are some awful aswel as some great kennels out there.
    all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 winterct

winterct wrote: »
    hi

can u give me more details on kennels in summerhill. ie address etc.
    thanks

has anyone got the name location etc on the summerhill boarding kennels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

at the topdog training, i notice it says nothing on the site about who trains the dogs, is it yourself?

Advertisement