Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Light

Options
  • 30-03-2006 10:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember this?I think it was the late seventies it was launched in a blaze of publicity,picture of the moon landings and the tag line "who said it couldnt be done?"...it went tits up fairly rapidly as i recall but i wasnt a drinker back then so i dont know what it tasted like..anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It tasted like watered down Guinness. many people at the time suspected that's what it was. The publicans were paid a premium to sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Seems they have got it right this time around. There is no difference in taste with the new Guinness Mid-Strength

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Cue Bill Golding "New Guinness LIght....." etc, 1982.. Oh wow, disaster. Mate had keyrings with the logo..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thats nothing..i have a large metal tray with the logo on it,in a rather unpleasant blue colour..it'll be worth millions some day!!

Advertisement