Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help for interview

Options
  • 29-03-2006 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    I have an interview with Mater Dei on Friday I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect. According to their letter I will have a small essay to write and then a one on one interview. I am very nervous so any information would be a great help!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did they give you any guidelines for the essay? (topic, lenght etc)
    Try to make sure there are no silly mistakes in the essay - may sound like common sense but try get someone else to read over it also.

Like I said in the other thread the college are likely to be looking for reasons why you'd be good on the course, why you'd be suited to the area of study, why you think you're capable of completing the course.

I recently filled out my UCAS application to go back to uni as a mature student. On that I included indicators that I've been preparing myself financially (saving money). I mentioned that I know several mature students and can see from them the hard effort but the also the worthwhile rewards that are on offer in return. Also if you've done any short courses related to what you're applying for then that's a great help.

I haven't done an interview for a position as a mature student, but it's likely to be reasonably laid back. They'll basicly want to make sure you know why you want to take the course you're applying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 applez

Hey p.pete,
    Thanks for your help - wish me luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

How did this go? What was it like? I am looking to do a degree as mature student next year and would like any info you have on doing this applez or anyone that has done this.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Hey applez, your interview wasn't for MD525 by any chance? I was thinking of applying for that myself. Seems a bit weird that it's religion and Irish studeis and that it quailifies you to be an english teacher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement