Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgia

Options
  • 29-03-2006 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Who was the greatest track athlete of alltime and who was the greatest field athlete of alltime. Thought it would be interesting to hear the choices.

Mine are Carl Lewis and Bubka...followed closely by Moses, Owens, Gebreselaisse, El Gerroujh and Zatopek, oh and Michael Johnson of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

Bubka
    Michael Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Very tough to go beyond Johnson and Bubka, but I'll pick Daley Thompson and Edwin Moses. Though if Daley's not a field eventer then I have to go with Jan Zelezny.

On the distaff side, I have to nominate those East German shotgun manufacturers, Drechsler and Koch. :D

I must say picking one of each all-time is far too limiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Johnson and Bubka too. Johnson, especially the way he abuses the British sprinters on the BBC, pure quality.

But if I had been old enough to see him, I'd reckon Jesse Owens would have been the man. 4 world records in one day, and thta after falling down a flight of stairs!!

Advertisement