Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio show needs eco-warriors!

Options
  • 29-03-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi there,

'Subbacultcha' on Anna Livia radio station would like to talk to any eco-warriors or those with strong, unwavering views on environmental protection. Our email is subbacultcha.radio@gmail.com.

Cheers,

Marie Boran.

'Subbacultcha - modus operandi contra mundun'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...would like to talk to any eco-warriors or those with strong, unwavering views on environmental protection. ...

Reads as: We want a loon to ridicule, so we can belittle valid beliefs about important subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

Clearly you don't know anything about the format of our radioshow. We are the apparatus for the voice of the counterculture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

I have strong views in regard to environmental protection aswell as being qualified. But what do you want exactly? I believe we need nuclear power, does this disqualify me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EcologiKids

Hi.
    Have emailed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

Believing that we need nuclear power does not disqualify you from debating environmental proctection issues if you can coherently and logically argue why you believe in nuclear power and how this belief holds against your desire to protect the environment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

did anyone see the late late last night. another deadend discussion on nuclear?

anyway the bit that got me was the young economists I presume in the audience, who in one sentence acknowledge peak oil and then said why should we have to bend to the greens and environmentalist demands on energy conservation. like the future energy crisis had been created by the greens to force there 'political' views on ordinary people. (note he acknowledge peak oil)

i know very few peope who woud call themselves eco-warriors and asking for such shows your ignorance.

and nice plug their for your business nappywoman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

While i feel i am eco-minded, in that i try my best, I am old enough to know that you can only preach to the converted! To the rest I would sound like a lunatic as they really don't care.

As a arborist (tree doctor) I use biodegradable chain lubrication oil (no pollution) in my chainsaws and a 50-1 2-stroke oil (less pollution) in the petrol. Imagine spreading a tin of 3+1 around your garden, this is what happens when a chainsaw is used to fell a tree, as the chain lube oil is totally lost into the environment. A biodegradable oil is available from Maxol, but only in 5 gallon drums. Everyone who has a chainsaw could demand this product creating a market for smaller bottles, but they don't and won't due to the extra cost. This product has been available for some years now, but it appears that the mineral oil spill is preferred. How many more barrels of oil are going to be spread around lovely erin?

It appears that there are plans to link the UK electricity to ireland via a cable under the Irish sea. So without building a nuclear plant we will have nuclear generated electricity.

Biomass, biogas, bio diesel, wood, solar, wind(?), etc, are the obvious future for sustainable energy, now that traditional farming is on its way out. Does the government really care? No. Do the majority who voted this government care? No.

Do what you can, when you can, and educate your children.

Advertisement