Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 Naas Road update

Options
  • 29-03-2006 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Kill interchange is now open for traffic. Which means there is no right - Left turn at the Kill lights. A major milestone in this road project!!:) No more 5 mile tailbacks on evenings... Great stuff. Hopefully the Johnstown flyover will be on soon. and this means no light on the N7 till Newlands cross.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

mysterious wrote:
    Kill interchange is now open for traffic. Which means there is no right - Left turn at the Kill lights. A major milestone in this road project!!:) No more 5 mile tailbacks on evenings... Great stuff. Hopefully the Johnstown flyover will be on soon. and this means no light on the N7 till Newlands cross.

Any 3 lane sections open yet:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

was great!! managed to drive from Newlands cross to naas exit without stopping once, around 5pm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Will the M7 ever be continued from Naas to Clondalkin. The exit numbers on the M50 suggest another junction (8) for this???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Danno wrote:
    Will the M7 ever be continued from Naas to Clondalkin. The exit numbers on the M50 suggest another junction (8) for this???
    No, that's not going to happen and nor should it really, once they sort out the Red Cow and Newland's Cross you'll have an almost motorway anyway. The cosultant's ruled out another junction between 7 and 9 as it would add significantly to weaving in what is already a chronically congested stretch of road (weaving = slower traffic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

darkman2 wrote:
    Any 3 lane sections open yet:rolleyes:

No Darkman, sorry to tell you, now if you exuse me...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Cheers, I would have thought it was nearly finished at this stage. I think it must be completed before the Ryder Cup:)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

The traffic lights are still on at Kill junction primarily NOT to allow pedestrians to cross the road (of which there are very few ever crossing there each day..) but to act as a traffic calming measure - as requested by the Garda and Kildare County Council (I was told this by the N7 project office). It is to slow the traffic down through the remainder of the roadworks. Will be in place until the Kill pedestrian bridge is in place end of May. The whole project is due to be completed end of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

People will just ignore the lights if they are being used purely for this purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

You'll have to remind them, because they aren't. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

mobpd wrote:
    The traffic lights are still on at Kill junction primarily NOT to allow pedestrians to cross the road (of which there are very few ever crossing there each day..) but to act as a traffic calming measure - as requested by the Garda and Kildare County Council (I was told this by the N7 project office). It is to slow the traffic down through the remainder of the roadworks. Will be in place until the Kill pedestrian bridge is in place end of May. The whole project is due to be completed end of June.

So its these two showers who are having us sit in traffic for over an hour on our way home? right.. where`s me petrol bombs....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Brian21156

According to the project office there are 10 weeks ahead of schedule. This has to be finished before Ryder Cup or the company gets fined a couple of million euros for every day it is late.

Advertisement