Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 speed Savage

Options
  • 29-03-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Just had to brag folks ! I installed a 3 speed tranny on my savage last week but due to bad weather and other considerations I couldn't try her out but finally today I got her going and holy christ she's fast !
    Expect video very soon :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yes,
    I did read somewhere that it did make them seriously fast :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'd say 40mph + might fit that speedometer I bought to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Now offense, but what's the point of going so fast in a MT?:confused: Handling at 40+ sucks. Speed is nothing without control.

that's the lure for me....... handling sucks at most speeds unless you're coasting it which is no fun at all so in my opinion it's a bonus ;)
    Took this pic today with the new Carson mad run wheels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

Nice job:D

• Advertisement

Nice wheels..
    I think it is time for a good all over spraying of WD40 and a scrub of a paint brush to clean it up :rolleyes:

that was before the bash ! she's filthy now

tallus wrote:
    that was before the bash !

:eek:
    Dirty B*st*rd :D

lol ! but it's the truck that's dirty :P
    *edit*
    I dont know if anyone else has had this problem with the savage brakes, but I have to adjust mine every time I take her out for a bash, they seem to become weaker and weaker as I use them, and usually end up turning the adjuster clockwise but I'm running out of adjustment room now, If anyone can understand my poor phrasing :/ I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem ?

I actually read on a forum last night about the revo brakes.
    Maybe it might be the root of your problem
    One second and I will try to locate it for you.

Tum Tee Tum..!!

OK
    Found it
    Monster Truck Hints and Tips.;)

• Advertisement

cheers dude :) that's way handy, I have very similar brakes as I upgraded mine to the twin discs.

Hope it helps .;)

it deffo helped mate thanks :)
    maybe I need to get one of those centre skidplates to keep crap from the exhaust getting on to teh discs too, I mean they get pretty much coated sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

very nice :D makes me want one more :( and i was going to say use lock-tite on the screw incase it was un-screwing it self ;-/

Flunked wrote:
    very nice :D makes me want one more :( and i was going to say use lock-tite on the screw incase it was un-screwing it self ;-/
    That may be the case dude, took the engine out earlier to make it easier to clean her up will check them later :)

Advertisement