Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber

Options
  • 29-03-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Where do you guys buy all your timber from? Eg. teak, oak, iroko etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Kadman told me about this crowd:
    http://www.abbeywoods.ie/home.htm

they have a good range of timber but you can't wander around looking at stuff( which I like to do) so you would have to know what you want.

There is a farmer down in Carlow that sells windblowns on his farm, keep meaning to visit for a poke around but have not managed yet.

Try googling Lisnavagh Timber Project for info on the Carlow crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Usually McMahon's or O'Sullivan Bros. McMahon's have places around the country http://www.mcmahongrp.com Not sure about OSB

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Coens, Brookes O'Brian, Tullamore.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

excellent lads! Thanks for your info! I'l now know where to go shopping for nice timber when the need arises now! Kadman tullamore would appear to be closest to me at the minute in time! What are their prices like? Are they expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Morgans on the quays in Dublin city center for solid hardwoods... they have a huge range of solid timbers and a smaller range of basic panel goods... you can walk around and select your planks, all timber sold by the cublic foot... knowledgeable staff as well.

They are also good for 100mm x 100mm Red Deal Posts (or Douglas Fir) or Beech 'squares'.. 3" or 4" square (by 12 to 16 foot). They have 'squares' in some other timbers I think which can be a good way to buy if the project calls for square posts etc.

Cheers
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Coens in Tullamore. They have a huge choice.
    I picked up Iroko there a couple of week ago.
    9" by 1 1/2" by 8' planks, 10 in total came to EU320

Advertisement