Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your County Council doing what it's supposed too ?..

Options
  • 29-03-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

I am thoroughly fed up with the dictatorial attitude of Donegal County Council's senior management, towards the general public and local citizens 'so called' civil rights.

While they use the media, to try and cover up their incompetance, IMHO they are simply clearly not fulfilling their responsibilities on behalf of ordinary residents.

Are you happy with your local authoritiies performance, or are we dealing with mini-dictatorships here in the North West ?....

Is it time for a root and branch overhaul, of County Councils and their modus-operandi :confused:

P. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy,

I don't think anybody will ever be truly happy with the performance of those in power. That is democracy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

People must be happy enough with them otherwise they'd be voting them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seeing as we dont pay domestic rates i can only see businesses have a right to complain as we basically only pay income tax and central gov doles out the money. i agree it needs total reform because i wouldnt want rates/polltax introduced if the council structures stayed the same.
    just for info my mum and dad 74 and 86 pay best part of a thousand pounds in local rates and no reduction because my dad has a small private pension so im not sure i want that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

People must be happy enough with them otherwise they'd be voting them out.

I am talking here about County Council Staff/B], who IMHO are acting as if they hold the power, when in fact the real power rests with our citizens.

They are Staff and Cannot be voted out !.

They are not Political representatives, although some may have a 'Job for Life'
    due to their families political contacts. This gives them a 'sense of security and power' which in a True Democracy they would not possess, and consequently they would have more respect for our citizens wishes ;) .

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I've had dealings with quite a few of the senior management staff of the Council over the years and have to say that I found most of them to be very amenable. Having said that there has also been a few that I would describe as.........................im a mod and not allowed to say that :eek:

A lot of it is down to attitude especially the attitude of the person who is meeting with these management guys and gals. If you adopt the wrong approach then you can kiss goodnight to getting anywhere with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement