Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIE Train Models

Options
  • 29-03-2006 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I've got a box in the attic of some old CIE Trains. Two engines and about 4 passenger carriges. Anyone know if these are worth anything? they're in fairly good nick and they date from the late 70s early 80s I'd say.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Many moons ago, if memory serves, Hornby put out some black-and-orange stock for the Irish market. In actuality, they weren't models of Irish prototypes at all, just BREL cars and some UK locomotive that looked kindof similar to a 001 class painted up in the Irish colours.

If that's what it is, I doubt it's worth that much.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

Ahh well. That's a shame. I'll take some pics the next time I get them out of the attic.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

exactiv wrote:
    Ahh well. That's a shame. I'll take some pics the next time I get them out of the attic.

Thanks.
    There are also Irish trains done by Bachmann in OO scale.
    These would be more recent - so given the dates you mentioned, I guess it is the Hornby one you've got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

lima made em in 00 there worth a bit i might be intrested in em if i seen em first

Advertisement