Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth GAA

Options
  • 28-03-2006 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I just want to say well done to Louth on gaining promotion. We are the only team in the National League that is undefeated so far this season.

Well done the 'Wee County'. Keep it up lads!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Division 1 beckons and although Pighead should really know better I am looking forward to a good run in the championship. Confidence should be high against a Meath team who have been playing poorly of late.
    Also a Louth team is top of soccers Premiewr Divsion and as well as that the National manager is from Louth. We are without doubt the most powerful County in Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wedfan

Well said Pighead!!!

I am a Drogheda United supporter myself. I take a close interest in the GAA as well. I am amazed that nobody has picked up on Louth been the only team unbeaten in the league so far, if that was Tyrone or Dublin, it would make the news all right. I just think its a wonderful achievement for a 'wee county' like ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

There is no doubt louth have been great this year... but its not exactly time to get excited about it. If louth get more than 3 games this summer i would be surprised.. Dublin, Laois, Kildare, wexford and westmeath could account for Louth IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Louth have done very well in the league and congrats to them on gaining promotion, but they havent played any of the really big sides, so try not to get too carried away just yet!

Bad news for the proposed new stadium in Dundalk. Apparently this was to start construction this week, but the GAA Central Council have instructed the Louth County Board not to proceed as the project is being reassessed. The 14,000 capacity venue had an original price tag of €12 million. But this has grown to €25 million.

• Advertisement
Advertisement