Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface get INEX

Options
  • 28-03-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Rejoice for those using blueface, I've only noticed they've gotten INEX connectivity now. And for the lucky few on Heanet, Internet Ireland, Strencom, IBB, Smart and Clearwire should be able to skip transit and go straight to Blueface.

(Yes, I do watch INEX pages)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

According to the matrix, eircom peers with everybody including Blueface but when I tracert to sip.blueface.ie it's going all over the shop, like it always have. What's up with that?

Is there someone in INEX I can query about this? I'm still getting lots of packet loss on the "all-over-the-shop" path to sip.blueface.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

Blaster99 wrote:
    Is there someone in INEX I can query about this? I'm still getting lots of packet loss on the "all-over-the-shop" path to sip.blueface.ie
    sip.blueface.ie is not connected to INEX. If you want to check your tracert you can use sip2.blueface.ie.

You can even try a call to sip:303@sip2.blueface.ie (this is not in production yet so may be up and down) if you want to compare but I thought you'd given up on SIP :) ?

Aaron

Right now I'm getting 235ms pings to sip.blueface.ie and 15ms pings to sip2.blueface.ie, to give you an idea of what INEX brings.

When is this going to go live do you think?

Give up on SIP? Probably not, but will probably give up on Blueface very soon if this doesn't improve. Having phone calls where it's possible to hear about half the conversation isn't really all that acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

Blaster99 wrote:
    Right now I'm getting 235ms pings to sip.blueface.ie and 15ms pings to sip2.blueface.ie, to give you an idea of what INEX brings.

When is this going to go live do you think?

Give up on SIP? Probably not, but will probably give up on Blueface very soon if this doesn't improve. Having phone calls where it's possible to hear about half the conversation isn't really all that acceptable.
    What do you blame for the M50? The toll bridge or the Airport? I get 21ms to sip.blueface.ie from one of my ISPs and 50ms from the second wireless one.

Our INEX SIP server should be up within two weeks.

Is your Skype service struggling as well, if you're being forced to put calls through sip.blueface.ie? Of course we are grateful for every call that uses our service and regret any call that doesn't work out for whatever reason. We will continue working to make our servers as accessible as possible from every Internet connection in Ireland.

Aaron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

:D i'm happy with Blueface service so far but there is a lot more room for improvements. Having said that, I however have not faced any major difficulties since I first started use Blueface more than a year ago. Hopefully this INEX thingy gives more value to Blueface users. Not that I spend much on monthly calls with Blueface. Aaron can take a peek at my call logs thou; I never spent much on phone calls with Eircom like that :p

mart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

aaronc wrote:
    What do you blame for the M50? The toll bridge or the Airport? I get 21ms to sip.blueface.ie from one of my ISPs and 50ms from the second wireless one.

Is your Skype service struggling as well, if you're being forced to put calls through sip.blueface.ie? Of course we are grateful for every call that uses our service and regret any call that doesn't work out for whatever reason. We will continue working to make our servers as accessible as possible from every Internet connection in Ireland.

Aaron

Aaron - I've had Blueface since December 2005. Excellent service (take a bow). Only some slight problems with jitter/echo which are resolved by selecting the correct codec. Bye bye Eircom! No going back now. And, for everyone else, the Blueface customer service is second to none - and I mean NONE!:D :cool:

aaronc wrote:

I don't have a choice of M50's but I have a very wide choice of SIP providers, many are cheaper than Blueface and many give me better call quality. You may want to consider that fact the next time you come up with smart answers.
    aaronc wrote:

Good. I will reassess then.
    aaronc wrote:

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm using Skype for calls. I'm using Skype (to Skype) to talk to people the world over, and yes, it works flawlessly. I could be mistaken but I thought the idea with Blueface was that I would be able to accept incoming calls. With the quality as it stands that's not possible obviously.

Advertisement