Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/Blueface Problems Connecting

Options
  • 28-03-2006 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi All - Hope someone has seen this and can help....

I recently bought the Linksys WRT54GP2 from Amazon in the hope of moving my phone to VoIP. The problem I have is connecting to Blueface - I get no dial tone...

I have contacted Blueface support and after some troubleshooting they say the router is locked but the spec on Amazon suggests otherwise.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have that router and ntl but not Blueface.
    What did they mean by "locked"?
    Is it a port that needs to be passed? If so go to the http://192.168.1.1/Forward.asp page (Applications & Gaming, Port Range Forward). Add the ports you need.

The Linksys page on blueface.ie mentions the port range 16384-16482 (item 4). I know it mentions the "Voice" which your router may not have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Locking is when you can only use the settings set by another provider. Vonage is a common one, does it say vonage on the box or the router? If Amazon say it is not locked and it is, you should probably return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I would be sceptical about that router being locked, but I don't see anything on Amazon's site that indicates anything to do with locking.

That said, it's not exactly rocket science to setup basic SIP stuff. If you've entered sip.blueface.ie and your username/pwd details in the appropriate boxes, it should basically work.

Have you tested with a softphone to make sure your login details etc are correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭RedRooster

daymobrew wrote:
    I have that router and ntl but not Blueface.
    What did they mean by "locked"?
    Is it a port that needs to be passed? If so go to the http://192.168.1.1/Forward.asp page (Applications & Gaming, Port Range Forward). Add the ports you need.

The Linksys page on blueface.ie mentions the port range 16384-16482 (item 4). I know it mentions the "Voice" which your router may not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

Blaster99 wrote:
    I would be sceptical about that router being locked, but I don't see anything on Amazon's site that indicates anything to do with locking.

That said, it's not exactly rocket science to setup basic SIP stuff. If you've entered sip.blueface.ie and your username/pwd details in the appropriate boxes, it should basically work.

Have you tested with a softphone to make sure your login details etc are correct?

Hi - I have entered the required Blueface information etc on the routers setup page and get nothing. I am able to use the softphone on my laptop which runs off the same router but will test on the PC.

Tks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The problem with Amazon is that they usually know zip about the products they sell, so it's probably futile to ask them. Linksys support is essentially useless too in my experience. I'd say fill in a return request with Amazon and take it from there.

Advertisement