Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'salems lot

Options
  • 28-03-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Ok can anyone confirm that the mini series on Sci-fi of the Stephen King novel has had major changes.

At the start of the book the main character (Meers) and the boy are in central america, and begin the jorney back to 'salems lot.

Is the casting of this great novel just really bad

The main role given to Rob Lowe ?????

It's a pity that such a brilliant vampire/horror novel has been so badly remade into an awful mini-series.

The final episode can be seen tonight at 10 on Sci-fi.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

am not sure I havent heard of this. I`ll look into it when I get a chance. There may be something about it on www.tv.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was good, closer to the book the main scenes were intact is the kid at the window and it showed the towns people going missing as the 3 days progressed.
    And the confrontation of Meers fears at the end was well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I didn't like the fact that it got rid of the Prolouge.

Barlow was miss cast, he look like a friendly vampire.
    Mark Petrie had a father (didn't he?) and was only about 10 years old (not 13).
    Rob Lowe as Ben Mears was miss casted. His voice over was highly annoying trying despartely to be the novel from time to time, (feelings of remorse ..... etc etc if the miniseries had been anyway good a voice over wouldn't have been needed to tell us this).
    Did Fr. Callaghan kill Matt Burke in the novel? I don't remember this I was sure that Burke died of a heart attack and Fr. Callaghan was one of the only survivors. Matt Burke was supposed to be an ageing teacher who drank and smoked.
    James Cromwell was the only good piece of casting as Fr. Callaghan, even with his drifting Irish Accent.
    The boy (Petrie) and Mears where supposed to become like father and son.
    Dr. James Cody never had an affair with Sandy and why would he care if he was blackmailed by her husband?

And it wasn't scary.

Advertisement