Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studying at university

Options
  • 27-03-2006 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hello to everyone!!!! just a potential student in this area. i'm haeding off to college next year and I'm just wondering if any one has any advice on courses in current affaisr, politics, sociology etc. i wanted to do european studies, but have been informed this lacks direction!!! any advice at all would be extremely welcome!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Where you thinking of going to college? Trinity has a fairly good selection of social science courses, BESS allows you to do Business, Economics, Politics and Sociology in 1st year, then you choose two of them for the rest of the course (Not 100% sure if politics and sociology can be chosen together). We share a good few courses with the European Studies students.

There are also a number of arts types courses, HisPol, PhilPol etc, and then just regular Arts course (known as TSM).

Generally best to just do whatever course seems to appeal most, don't think about after the course too much. Enjoy your 3/4 years and worry about where you're going to end up after; after.

Advertisement