Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr James McDaid - Scrounger

Options
  • 27-03-2006 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Taken from the Highland Radio site -

Report claims Dr McDaid a stranger to the Dail
    It's been revealed that Donegal North East TD Dr. James McDaid has one of the worst voting records in the Dail.

Figures published in today's Irish independent show the former government Minister has missed numerous Dail votes with a record of just 4%.

In the Irish Independent, Dr. James McDaid is rated as having the 4th worst voting record of all the 166 Deputies in the Dail.

However, his record stands out when it's considered that of the three in front of him two are also MEP’s.

Eoin Ryan and Liam Aylward of Fiannia Fail say their dual representation means they are excused from voting in the Dail.

Despite being a government backbench with no other political commitments Dr. McDaid has a voting record of just 4%.

He picks up a salary of over 94,000 as a Dail deputy and last year claimed expenses of over 60,000 euro.

Of all the Donegal Deputies, Cecilia Keaveny has the best voting record at 83%, followed by Junior Transport Minister Pat the Cope Gallagher with 75%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

And your point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Dr Jame McDaid is not one of my favourite people, but let us not fall into the trap of allowing our opinion be swayed by Trial by Media :rolleyes:

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    Dr Jame McDaid is not one of my favourite people, but let us not fall into the trap of allowing our opinion be swayed by Trial by Media :rolleyes:

Jesus. Well said Paddy.

Thats a bit off norm for you though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Election looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Have to say that having known him as the family doctor at one stage, I would have full hearted support for him desipte his more notable transgressions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 The bones

Good family doctor, bad TD.
    Unlikely to stand at next election and will be booted out if he does, has lost a lot of support in the town, just isn't delivering and doesn't seem to work near as hard as the likes of Pat the Cope.

The bones wrote:
    Good family doctor, bad TD.
    Unlikely to stand at next election and will be booted out if he does, has lost a lot of support in the town, just isn't delivering and doesn't seem to work near as hard as the likes of Pat the Cope.

I totally agree with your view ;) It is a pity that such a talented GP, has so many personal shortcomings which have practically destroyed his 'public image' as a Politician, and the very obvious lack of support from his own party colleagues has only served to undermine his credibility even further, this reflects poorly on Fianna Fail as a whole in the North West.

Perhaps he may find true happiness outside of our Cut Throat political arena.

I have heard via 'The Bush Telegraph' that politicians and the Local Pressand even our Local Authoriities/County Council 'Staff', have started to take note of the comments on the North West Forum :) ?...

Say no more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy20 wrote:
    I have heard via 'The Bush Telegraph' that politicians and the Local Pressand even our Local Authoriities/County Council 'Staff', have started to take note of the comments on the North West Forum :) ?...

Say no more ;)

Taking note is one thing. Taking action is another.

Paddy20 wrote:

Say no more ;)

One of the 3 councillors in the Stranorlar Electoral Area already posts on these boards. I am not going to tell you which one it is or what her user name is. Moderater priveledge :)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    One of the 3 councillors in the Stranorlar Electoral Area already posts on these boards. I am not going to tell you which one it is or what her user name is. Moderater priveledge :)

Hee, Hee, I like your style Muffler;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

Looks like he's not going for re-election:

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=72684&pt=n
    The Fianna Fail TD for Donegal North East has decided he will not stand in the next General Election, after eighteen years in the Dail.

Bertie Ahern says he fully understands this decision, coming as it does just a week after the birth of his son ...

bettlebrox wrote:
    Looks like he's not going for re-election:

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=72684&pt=n
    The Fianna Fail TD for Donegal North East has decided he will not stand in the next General Election, after eighteen years in the Dail.

Bertie Ahern says he fully understands this decision, coming as it does just a week after the birth of his son ...
    I see in that UTV link that Bertie said that McDaid stands out from the crowd.
    Well you would when driving the wrong way on the Naas dual carriageway:D

Advertisement