Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Can I Get A Second Green Bin

Options
  • 27-03-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Every month without fail my green bin fills up ahead of it's scheduled collection. I have asked SDCC on several occasions for a second one but they never get back to me:rolleyes:

I could simply buy one but I've been told that Oxigen will only collect one bin per household - is this true?

Anyone know how much a green bin will cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I was wondering the same thing, and when i contacted Oxigen about it they told me that the request for a second one has to come from the relevent Council. I'm leaving it for a month or two to see what our volume of recyclables continues to be.

Maybe get onto your local councillor about it if you're not getting a response yourself from SDCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Let me know how you get on.

I've contacted cllrs on other issues and find them pure useless - FF, Greens, FG, LAB - all of them. I guess I might get a better response closer to a local election. Typical politicians!

I finally got a call from SDCC who told me that they will instruct Oxygen to deliver a second green bin to me - for free!!! It will take 3-4 weeks as there is a 'backlog'.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I suppose authorities vary, but Fingal will issue a second green bin for free: -

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/WasteManagementandRecycling/Recycling/Greenbins/

"You can avail of a second green bin free of charge."

I ordered one and they said it would take about 5 or 6 weeks

DC.

Bin arrived during the week - 2 weeks ahead of time!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement