Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused - what to do

Options
  • 27-03-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, am new on here. Dont know where to start.Anyway, this fella asked me out for a drink b 4 xmas.Unfortunately, his mother died that following week. Bumped in to him out a few times after that and always spoke to each other. Last weekend, we got chatting again and he said he didnt want a relationship, i said that was ok. He paid for the taxi home from the club, I was just in bed then when he rang and asked to come round for a coffee as he didnt want to leave things that way. He called and we had a cup of coffee and I told him not worry that i understood and that we would still speak when we saw each other. What confuses me is why did it bother him so much to ring me, its just that I do really like him alot. Was tempted to text him a few times and thought it best not to. Sorry about the long post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I can't see what the issue is, he's obviously made it clear that he doesn't want a relationship. Don't try and look for signs that there may be 'something', because there's obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

My sympathies, but that is the nature of things. From his point of view he probably isn't in the best place right now for a relationship. At least he was decent enough to sit down with you and tell you to your face. I would imagine that this decency is also the reason he felt the need to contact you.

Your just going to have to accept his feelings on the matter, OP. Plenty of fish in the sea!!

Advertisement