Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused

Options
  • 27-03-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, am new on here. Dont know where to start.Anyway, this fella asked me out for a drink b 4 xmas.Unfortunately, his mother died that following week. Bumped in to him out a few times after that and always spoke to each other. Last weekend, we got chatting again and he said he didnt want a relationship, i said that was ok. He paid for the taxi home from the club, I was just in bed then when he rang and asked to come round for a coffee as he didnt want to leave things that way. He called and we had a cup of coffee and I told him not worry that i understood and that we would still speak when we saw each other. What confuses me is why did it bother him so much to ring me, its just that I do really like him alot. Was tempted to text him a few times and thought it best not to. Sorry about the long post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He likes you and is probably a nice guy by the sound of it, he's just confused himself and probably needs to get his head straight. He's just not in a relationship kinda place right now as he said.

Remember, if a fella will put in any effort its because he likes you or you're a friend(He likes you). We dont generally put any effort in otherwise. Keep in contact, get to know him and see what happens.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think he was just looking to get his rocks off, Maybe I am being cynical but if he went home and then called looking for coffee he probably was looking for a little more than that, he is probably shy considering you don't mention him making a move.

He was looking for a one night stand he just obviously hasn't had any before and doesn't know the correct way to go about it I believe, why else would he keep saying that he didn't want a relationship, he thinks you are good enough for a wink wink nudge nudge, but not the girl he wants to go out with, I would not bother with him and try to find a nicer guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Rockstar*

hiya

my mam passed away just after xmas aswell--sounds to me he's just confused and doesnt want to rush into anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Sounds like he's attracted to you, but his head is going to be a complete mess after losing his mother. He's probably aware of this, which is why he wants to keep things cool right now, but at the same time he's attracted to you, and he probably really feels the need to be with someone right now. A need that he's trying not to give into since he doesn't want to wreck any future chance with you when his head si straight again.

I'd text him, do some harmless friendly stff. if you are attracted to each other those feelings can be left to develop in their own time. But you can still be friends while he's getting over losing his mam. Plus he won't be afraid that he's lost any chance by not moving now.

Advertisement