Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to UL from Galway

Options
  • 26-03-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

What's the best way to get from Galway to UL?

I've looked at buseireann.ie but I'm not sure whether or not the bus from Galway passes by UL on its way into Limerick bus station. Assuming it doesn't what bus do I get from Limerick out to UL?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The bus from Galway doesn't go to UL, although it does manage to go by Shannon for some time-wasting reason (it angers me greatly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Limerick Bus station to Galway station.

take the...ehh...dunno which number city bus runs to UL or where exactly you can get it. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Most economical route for Bus Éireann (The entire route,I believe,is Galway - Shannon - Limerick - Cork, and vice-versa.) & probably one of the best routes where road conditions are concerned.
    It's a long "2hrs 15mins". pfft.
    I've seen buses departing the bus station for UL regularly - but I don't see a timetable on buseireann.ie. Ring the station or ask when you get there. Worst case scenario, you have to walk down to William St. (Outside Centra? I think it's a Centra. Just look for the biggest crowd of unhappy campers)

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/city/308.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 market

Thanks for helping out guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

ya bus from city centre to UL departs outside Centra..Every 20minutes if i remember correctly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

The 302 or 308 goes to UL from outside the Centra shop on William St. Alternatively there's the Euro Bus which leaves from the same place. Don't think there's anything that goes directly from the bus station.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Its every 15 mins now outside centra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

But Bus Eireann's 15 minutes and your 15 minutes may vary greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

yup i had that same problem
    used to get bus eireann
    Galway station to limerick station
    walk to william street (in the dark,cold,wet with heavy bag :mad: ) then stand at the centra shop (30 mins min. :mad: ) to get the 308/302 to the university for €1.40 :mad:

I think if you get the ?? bus ( :confused: ) it passes the university after the station if you just ask the driver in galway if they pass ul
    because there is different ones you can get (Cork, Tralee)

Advertisement