Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls?

Options
  • 26-03-2006 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I met this girl a couple of weeka ago, get on well together ect. I asked her out, so we had dinner and watched a dvd last night, It went really well, we agreed to go out again. She texted me when she got home said she had a great night ect. My buddies were out at the cinema today and seen her out with another guy. Im pretty sure she is deciding who to go out with.... I really feel so pissed off, it just seems so dishonest. Shes a really sweet girl tho. I dont know how to feel.. part of me wants to say fcuk her and not waste my time, and another part of me really wants to give it a shot. I really dont like this competing for her affections thing

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

this guy could have been a friend/brother/cousin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

In fairness man, you don't own her. So if she was at the cinema with someone else, well you've been on one date, she hasn't signed herself over to you.

That said, if it's pissing you off you're well entitled to give her the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

right now, after being on one date with her, if another girl you liked asked you to the cinema you'd say yes. At least you'd be entitled to say yes.

If it was me I'd go for a really great second date. Think about it and plan it. A good gig or whatever she's into, surprise her, just go nuts about town or something... If the texts are still flowing and a third date goes well, given that she is a sweet girl, you can rest assured the other guy is dust. If it's a bit awkward and she's pulling away, you're going through something all us guys have and it's not nice but not so bad given a bit of time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I can understand where you are coming from here! I would be a bit put off by that. If I was dating somebody new and she was seen out dating somebody else I would probably loose interest myself.

But at the same time I have to agree with the above posters! She isn't really doing anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

She's not your girlfriend man. She could be dating lots of different guys before she decides who she wants to be with. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Good lord, the guy could have been anyone!

One date and you're obsessing over her... maybe you should leave her alone, sounds like she'd be better off without you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

girls? wrote:
    I met this girl a couple of weeka ago, get on well together ect. I asked her out, so we had dinner and watched a dvd last night, It went really well, we agreed to go out again. She texted me when she got home said she had a great night ect. My buddies were out at the cinema today and seen her out with another guy. Im pretty sure she is deciding who to go out with.... I really feel so pissed off, it just seems so dishonest. Shes a really sweet girl tho. I dont know how to feel.. part of me wants to say fcuk her and not waste my time, and another part of me really wants to give it a shot. I really dont like this competing for her affections thing
    Dude, what the ****.
    It could have been anybody.
    People go to the cinema with a friend all the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Jaysus, this guy at the movies could be anybody. He could be a neighbour, a friend, brother, cousin, uncle, nephew, who knows!!!

Besides, if it was a date she is entitled to it. Ye had the one date, she isn't your girlfriend! She free and single, and entitled to date others, just as you are. Girls play hard to get all the time, get used to it, its all part of the so called dating game, believe me I'm still learning that the hard way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bakedbean

memphis wrote:
    Girls play hard to get all the time, get used to it, its all part of the so called dating game, believe me I'm still learning that the hard way!!
    How is going to the cinema with someone playing hard to get? Even is she was out on another date (which would be perfectly within her rights), it's not as if she's throwing it anyone's face.
    Besides the "girls play hard to get all the time" is a bit of a sweeping statement don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

bakedbean wrote:
    Besides the "girls play hard to get all the time" is a bit of a sweeping statement don't you think?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

girls? wrote:

So you don't like having to work to get with someone, that decent people fall into your lap. I doubt she told you it was an exclusive thing, so you've no real come back. Maybe this will get things into focus for you, allot of guys are like "lets take it casual, and not get serious, just have some fun", well thats what this is. If you want more, you're going to have to step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

I met a female friend of mine in town last week and went to the Cenima with her . Afterwards we went for a couple of drinks before I headed off to meet my drinking buddies and while I was in the pub with her she started telling me about this bloke she had started to see.

Well if it happens to be you, you're in luck cause by all accounts this bloke seems to be "The One" !! :)

bakedbean wrote:
    How is going to the cinema with someone playing hard to get? Even is she was out on another date (which would be perfectly within her rights), it's not as if she's throwing it anyone's face.

As scoey said NO

Girls constantly play hard to get. It seems to be a rule of thmb with em if ya ask me. And my statement was a generalisation too, just to clarify!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Phone.Book wrote:
    I met a female friend of mine in town last week and went to the Cenima with her . Afterwards we went for a couple of drinks before I headed off to meet my drinking buddies and while I was in the pub with her she started telling me about this bloke she had started to see.

Well if it happens to be you, you're in luck cause by all accounts this bloke seems to be "The One" !! :)

did she say she had dinner and dvd with him the previous nite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

Femmy wrote:
    did she say she had dinner and dvd with him the previous nite?

No she didn't but that would have been funny if it was her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah I guess I was a bit of a spa, ye know how it is if your into someone, things are going well, she rang me today, met up and had a good laugh. Cant wait to take her out again.

Tks for the responses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

OP wrote:
    Yeah I guess I was a bit of a spa, ye know how it is if your into someone, things are going well, she rang me today, met up and had a good laugh. Cant wait to take her out again.

Tks for the responses

Good stuff! I hope it all goes well for you!

(Just don't bring up the other thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

memphis wrote:
    Girls constantly play hard to get. It seems to be a rule of thmb with em if ya ask me.
    Really?

I must just be much more desirable than you are. :)

Talliesin wrote:
    Really?

I must just be much more desirable than you are. :)
    Obviously, my standards are higher than yours so!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Are you sure it was her? Unless youve seen it with your own eyes dont give into your premature jealousy.

I have a doppelganger in Dublin who has gotten me into a lot of trouble.

"It wasnt me" was my theme song for a while.

So, have you decided square cut or oval, white gold or platinum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

azezil wrote:
    Good lord, the guy could have been anyone!

One date and you're obsessing over her... maybe you should leave her alone, sounds like she'd be better off without you!
    Exactly - not to mention your mates could have been winding you up!

The OP wrote:
    Exactly - not to mention your mates could have been winding you up!
    Now there's a possiblity, and one I overlooked. The OP is so right. I mean your mates obviously know you are into her, they could've made up the whole story about the cinema trip to wind you up.

Anyway, just take things one step at a time, see how things work out. And I do really hope they work out for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tks for replies, I didnt want to talk about it with mates cause, then they really wil start winding me up

Im pretty sure there friends, if it works out it works out. Ive had so much one night things, scoring mates ect. It was just really cool to find a girl that has a **** lot in common with me. Shes emailing me everyday so Im pretty sure Im doing the right stuff. Dinner friday! Cant wait!!

@metrovelvet haha, Its going to have to be an antique 5 carrot rock set in a platinum band, something that will give her a work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

"Im pretty sure there friends, if it works out it works out. Ive had so much one night things, scoring mates ect. It was just really cool to find a girl that has a **** lot in common with me."

Totally know how you feel mate. It's a souless way of life, going out, meeting and maybe scoring with nice women but never staying with anyone. It gets pretty lonely, no matter how many beautiful girls you meet or date. It's a no mans land, and there is nothing to show for it at the end of the day...

So when you finally have a girl that wants to text you and go on proper dates, I don't for one second blame you for wanting to give this a proper shot. I've often gotten attached to these kinds of girls after just one date, and I know you're probably thinking about her constantly.. don't worry, it's natural :)

Wish you the best of luck with her, but just don't try to become attached, and if she drifts away, let her drift away. But maybe not, and in this world of one night stands and all out intoxication, *anything* is a bonus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

it sounds so simple but just ask her who she was with. Have you ever thought your friends could be jealous and making it up? To say u like her alot and then to say fu*k her coz my mates said this and that is childish.
    Casualy say she was seen out , dont interrogate her. You will know by her reaction if you need to worry or not:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

memphis wrote:
    As scoey said NO

Girls constantly play hard to get. It seems to be a rule of thmb with em if ya ask me. And my statement was a generalisation too, just to clarify!!
    The pair of you must be going for the wrong kinda girls so :p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

OP wrote:
    @metrovelvet haha, Its going to have to be an antique 5 carrot rock set in a platinum band, something that will give her a work out.
    Oh god, you are scary.:D

Hope all keeps going well.:)

Advertisement