Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation near mary i

Options
  • 25-03-2006 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

heya.. i applied for arts in mary i.. and im wondering can anyone tell me where not to live!! and where good places to live are..

hope ye can help! thankxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hmm...Fast_Mover should be able to help with that.

I know one of a housemate of mine has a brother there aswell so I'll get him to post up aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

kaimera wrote:
    Hmm...Fast_Mover should be able to help with that.
    well il try my best..

Hey Maggie..
    If you have applied for Arts in Mary I as your first choice id suggest trying Courtbrack, its Mary I's off campus accommodation. Its a really good place to get to know people, mostly all first years there. Its about 10minute walk from college. You have your own bedroom and big lounge area/big kitchen is shared by all people in building.. check out [url]www.mic.ul.ie:[/url] go into prospective students than accommodation, you'l be able to see courtbrack there.

Up and across the road from Courtbrack is Ashdown..lovely new appartments..Check out: http://www.ashdownvillage.ie/web/ for info.

Another place is Alandale which is across the road from Ashdown. It’s a housing esate..lovely there apparently.

Theres a Pharmacy and Shop located all near those three places along with a pub and off licence:D .. both Alandale and Ashdown about a 10 minute walk from college too.

At the other side of the college(city centre side) you have City Campus..about a 15minute walk from college..its close to the bus station if that happens to be a priority for you ..bit nosey there as alot of people live there from all years(1st-4th)..good place to get to first years tho i believe as you can ask to be put in with first years..4 to an appartment i think there.

Also at city side of the college theres Clontarf hall and Alphonsus court.. both about a 8minute walk away from college..very nice/new there.
    In Alphonsus Court its 2 to an appartment, each have own room and bathroom.
    In Clontarf Hall its 3 to an appartment, each have your own room, only one room has an en-suite there.

All those afforementioned places above i think are the best places to live in first year.

Theres also alot of houses available aswell around id say.

Your best bet would be ring accomadation office asap and get the numbers for these places. Ring up and arrange a time to view them.

All are about approx 80Euro a week..city campus is cheaper tho i think.

i will offer you this advise tho..do not book on campus accomadation..its not my nor ALOT of other peoples cup of tea..its terrible!! save yourself! View it and ul know what i mean..saying that its mainly first years there so perhaps you'd lik that aspect of it.

Hope that helps a bit..
    F_M:)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

ah thanks a million..!! you've been a mental help!!!! god! i cant wait to go to college twil be cool!!!

You're very welcome.
    If you'v got any other questions about accommodation dont hesitate to give me a shout and i hope il be able to answer them for you.

Aswell what arts subjects are you thinking of taking?
    Im in B.Ed but we also have to do three B.A subjects for 1st year: Irish is compulsory..and then I picked History and German..so if you got any questions on them il try and help you.

F_M

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

I've applied for arts in mary i. as well. I got accomadation at that Courtbrack place, it's nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Do Media, History, Philosophy and Psychology! As for the on campus accomodation they don't call it the 'les' block for nothing, I've seen the proof! Seriously if you are doing Arts you have to do Media its a good course, gives you a chance to be creative and practical. Oh and finally, watch out for the B. Eds, they are a strange bunch!

wingnut wrote:
    Oh and finally, watch out for the B. Eds, they are a strange bunch!
    :eek:
    OK, as iv never seen you around these parts i will assume your new here..therefore i shall be nice and over look that aforementioned comment!

B.A..pfft!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Spotted your earlier posts and figured that would get a rise out of ya :D You've got to admit it though, I'm just tellin' like it is ;) BAs rule!! An what a day it is in Mary I, I was just out by the library playing Frisbee!

Advertisement