Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: cheap nitro monster truck or buggy.

Options
  • 25-03-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi.I suppose i should really post this in the wanted section but more people who might have one for sale might look here.
    Basically as the title says im looking for a cheap nitro truck or buggy.
    If you have anything post it up here or pm me.
    My budget is around €100-€200.Any suggestions for what to look out for would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks
    Heff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Keep in mind that whether you buy elec. or nitro, you will need a load of accessories, such as spare batteries, better batteries, charger, fuel, glow plugs, tools, the list goes on and on and on... Not to mention the hop-up desease...

Not to scare you in anyway, just something to think about before getting into the hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

I'll sell you a new
    condor 2speed nitro buggy with everything you need including radio, starter kit inc. tools and glow starter, half a litre of fuel
    all you'll need to buy are batterys for the control
    €225ono
    see thread for pics and video
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054905780&highlight=buggy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

ash h wrote:
    ....Basically as the title says im looking for a cheap nitro truck or buggy....My budget is around €100-€200....
    Are you sure you want to waste €100-€200 on the trash that that amount will actually buy?
    The cheapest car is usually the one that is damned near impossible to start or keep running properly. Or else it has a fundamental flaw like impossible to get repair parts....
    Anyone who is in the game (seriously) will confirm this. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I can confirm its pretty much trash ;-/ green hobey are the only place that we can get sapres from and this buggy goes under the name of....: smartech, carson, acme and now condor is it? and apperntly it was an old hpi design but they took it gave it worse quality parts and are selling it for too much tho a few of us here have it and i dont want to spoil this guys sale all i can say is: dont get it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

it's pretty different to the Carson model flunked, a mate of mine has one. Different model totally.

• Advertisement

SMARTECH is Acne and the model is a condor
    There not a bad starter, my bro has one and the only trouble he's has was a pullstart and he got a new one in halfords, he uses it a fair bit too
    Starts easy enough
    RCMart.com stock all the parts and there cheap too.
    Starting grid also keeps parts which suit this model

The Ho Bao Hyper 7 TQ Sport uses most the same parts and costs about triple this.
    <OK thats unfair similar parts, you can use alot of the same parts>

Do you have the two speed or single speed one Flunked?
    also is your one a Acme - condor make or something that looks similar?
    To be honest I dont think you know what your talking about mate!
    Id take http://www.rcuniverse.com advice over yours
    see pics below
    se1s2t.jpg
    se1sax.jpg

cynos wrote:
    SMARTECH is Acne and the model is a condor
    There not that bad, my bro has one and the only trouble he's has was a pullstart and he got a new one in halfords
    Starts easy enough
    RCMart.com stock all the parts and there cheap too.
    The Ho Bao Hyper 7 TQ Sport uses most the same parts and costs about triple this.
    Do you have the two speed or single speed one Flunked?
    also is your one a Acme - condor make or something that looks similar?
    To be honest I dont think you know what your talking about mate!
    I have a hyper mate I don't think it's fair to make a comparison, the Hyper kicks ass :) and where some of the parts may be similar I think the comparison ends there.

se1yk0.jpg
    se1ytk.jpg

se225c.jpg

Flunked wrote:
    this buggy goes under the name of....: smartech, carson, acme and now condor is it? and apperntly it was an old hpi design but they took it gave it worse quality parts and are selling it for too much tho a few of us here have it

Completely different Cars mate, GET YOUR FACTS Straight
    se22jo.jpg

• Advertisement

ok man, i mixed it up wit hanother sale that was the acme:o

That acme is fast, a mate has one we filmed it's first run a few weeks back and even before the engine was fully tuned she went pretty fast.

tallus wrote:
    I have a hyper mate I don't think it's fair to make a comparison, the Hyper kicks ass :) and where some of the parts may be similar I think the comparison ends there.

OK yeah sorry, post edited, can use a fair few of the common parts to break though, and there easier to get hold of eg. starting grid are stockists for Hyper
    But as I said you cant go wrong with RCMart.com
    7days shipping max and straight from hong kong

yeah that sounds pretty cool :) I buy most of my parts from england and Green model

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Keep saving and buy a decent secondhand
    Traxxas Revo
    Hpi Savage
    OR
    a
    Hyper 7 ;)

vectra wrote:
    Keep saving and buy a decent secondhand
    Traxxas Revo
    Hpi Savage
    OR
    a
    Hyper 7 ;)
    I agree, 'cept I dont have a revo!

MGT is also very very good, up with the savage ;) and... it bigger, and the bigger the better (in most cases)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

How much would a second hand
    Traxxas Revo
    Hpi Savage
    OR
    a
    Hyper 7
    cost.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

ash h wrote:
    How much would a second hand
    Traxxas Revo
    Hpi Savage
    OR
    a
    Hyper 7
    cost.
    Thanks

e-Bay
    e-Bay

and

eBay

:):):)

• Advertisement

Did you get sorted yet ?

I have a buddy that bought ONE OF THESE..!! :eek: and spent a lot of time and care building it along with running it in properly..Also sent the engine to be "Tuned" to allow it run more effecient and boost power.
    This guy is a "Schumacher Team Driver" so he knows his cars etc.He followed this down the road one day in his buddies Real car and clocked it at 70MPH...!! :eek:
    Just as well he is a proffesional driver.

Also.
    To make it more convenient he only lives 25 Mins. from Dublin so would be very easy for you to meet up with him and have a look first.
    Price is reasonable. In fact it is only slightly more than your original estimate of 200 ;)

PM me for his Name/Number..
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

its 270 for the car on its own and 320 for the ready to run version.:eek: thats a good bit more than 200 vectra

BFassassin wrote:
    its 270 for the car on its own and 320 for the ready to run version.:eek: thats a good bit more than 200 vectra

Err.
    Sorry.
    I should have specified that the details page i linked to was to show the particular model in question.. it is NOT the one that is for sale.
    That one is priced in Sterling.. The one I am talking about is cheaper than the RTR version figure in euro.. ;)
    If you get my meaning..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ok. were is the one you saw. i was thinking of ggetting into nitro myself over the summer and i will be looking out for a truck for bashing. i have nothing to to with nitro ones so i will need everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Check your pm vectra.

Advertisement