Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless phone problem

Options
  • 24-03-2006 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Been thinking about getting VOIP for a while and finally took the plunge, ATA arrived from blueface today. It pretty much worked right out of the box. The only problem seems to be my cordless phone setup. I believe this problem is related to the limitation of the phones. The phones are not that advanced, they are made by Audioline, bought from Argos.

I have my pc/modem/ata upstairs with the base station for the phone, and 3 add on phones (1 upstairs, the other two downstairs). What happens is, when you pick up a phone, sometimes you can hear this beep-beep which continues through the phone call. Only heard on my side. It only seems to happen from downstairs.

What options do I have to solve the problem? Any tips for structures/items that could be dampening the signal. Also any tips for getting started with VOIP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It could mean that the battery is running low in the handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

It could mean that the battery is running low in the handset
    It's not this because I have swapped the phones around to see if it's a handset or the distance from the base station that's causing the noises. In the manual it says, a tone will be emitted when you go outside the range of the base station. It says "Lo" will appear on the phone if the batteries are running low.

Advertisement