Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

better late than never...

• 24-03-2006 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

i've finally decided to mod my xbox but have forgotten everything i read years ago about it. So whats the difference between all the various mod chips and whats the best one to get? Basically want to turn it into a media center and be able to replay the odd game.
    ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

unless you want to play xbox live......soft mod it........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Xecuter 3 sets the standard for Xbox modchips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

you can play xbox live with a soft mod, just turn off the soft mod ;-/

you can also use xbox live with an xecuter modchip - just turn off the chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

not always, live can pick that up in halo 2 maybe in other games too

• Advertisement

Flunked wrote:
    not always, live can pick that up in halo 2 maybe in other games too
    ? impossible because when you disable an Xecuter modchip you are running it through the M$ bios thus it is impossible to detect the modchip HOWEVER an upgraded harddrive can be detected either way - they are not 100% sure how this happens though as some people get away with it sometimes while others get banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

anybody wanna mod mine? I have a Xecuter 2 that I bought over a year ago and couldnt be arsed installing it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I just got an Xbox. I'm getting a bit confused with all the mods available.

I was hoping to just use a softmod, but afaik, I need a memory card and an Action Replay device, as well as Splinter Cell.

So, I'm starting to think a hardware mod might be better in the long run. But, I am guessing that after the mod is installed I need to add software (dashboard I think) to make the mod usable.

I'm assuming if I buy a modchip, it doesn't come with dashboard or anything else.

Any tips greatly appreciated. The box is either 1.6 or 1.6b from what I can gather, with a 5960 dashboard.

All I really want to do is have it as a media centre, to play Divx, Xvid, etc, and play games I back up to HDD (apparently makes games quicker) as well as mp3 and wma playback.

After all that is done, I can consider updating the HDD.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I just softmodded my 1.6 using the "hotswap" method. I followed this tutorial and now I have a nice media centre up and running.

The mod is performed by swapping IDE cables with a PC while the Xbox drive is unlocked and spinning. It's a softmod that doesn't require certain games, action replays, memory cards and all that rubbish. You need a PC, a CDR and some software. That's it.

Advertisement